Backup Assistant Error
cvandj

I have a Blackberry Curve 9310.  I was able to backup some of my information into Verizon Cloud except for my contacts. Now,  I keep getting a Backup Assistant Plus Error.  The app starts the loading process, then a warning page comes up and says that an error has occurred and please try again.  The only option is to close.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still have the same problem.  I have no other connection issues.  I am not getting any resolution from Verizon tech support.  Has anyone had this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cvandj,  Keeping your contact safe is definitely important, so I totally understand your concern. What specific error message are you getting when you try backing up your contacts using Backup Assistant Plus? Have you been able to back your contacts in the past using Backup Assistance?  JohnB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Error
cvandj

I was backing up my pictures using backup assistant two weeks ago and then one day started getting the error message that said "An error has occurred, please try again." The only option at that point was to close.

The first Verizon tech person had me uninstall and reinstall.  Same error. She escalated the call, said she would send me a reference number, but I never received one.

A new tech, Sam called me on 3/19. He took some information from me, tried a couple things, said he was going to escalate it further. Never heard back from anyone.

I called Verizon tech support again on 3/23/15 to find out what was happening and she tried the same things the first tech did. Spent over an hour on the phone with her until I had to leave.  No resolution. At this point I was very frustrated.

I ordered a new phone and just wanted to get my contacts backed up before I got it.  That didn't happen.  Got my new iPhone and was only able to transfer contacts prior to May 2014 (which were in the Cloud) on my new phone.  I realize that I could have been more proactive about backup prior to a month before I got my new phone.

At this point, I will manually add newer contacts from my old Blackberry into my new iPhone at this point.

0 Likes