Why are there red lines under my text - Galaxy S5
mmd78

I use the stock keyboard on my Galaxy S5.  Out of the blue, red lines started appearing under almost every word when I text, although I did not change the settings.  I tried turning off predictive text and auto correct, but nothing has worked.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  This is just the latest in a long line of odd things that have occurred since lollipop!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are there red lines under my text - Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for reaching out to us on this matter mmd78! Let's investigate the red lines together. May I ask are the words spelled correctly? We want to make sure that it's not spell check. If it is then this can be changed in the settings. If the words are spelled right then please check the language that you have activated on the text app. This is also a common scenario that we see. Once you have done so, please keep us posted with your finding.  ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mmd78

Yes, the words are spelled correctly. It happens on text messages, emails, websites, etc.  I made no changes to my settings, including spell check and predictive text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello mmd78! Thank you for clarifying what you have already tried. Let's try some troubleshooting. Please power off the device, then remove the battery and the SIM card for 60 seconds. Once that time has elapsed, please reinsert the SIM card and battery, then power the device back on.   ChristinaB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes