new potential customer
ckar

I am currently Sprint customer. Contract expires soon. Is this a good customer friendly company? What  phone and plan would u customers suggest and which ones should i avoid?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new potential customer
rcschnoor
Legend

I disagree with people who simply make a blanket statement to stay away from Edge. There is nothing wrong with Edge as long as you understand what it is.

It is simply 0% financing plan for a phone purchase with payments spread out over 24 months. There is nothing wrong with purchasing on Edge and in fact there are many reasons to do so. A discount on your service plan comes to mind. Edge is not just for people who want to get a new phone a bit earlier than 2 years, either. Possibly someone doesn't want to fork over $600 to purchase a phone all at once. That is not a small amount of money. With a $25/month Edge discount on a line access fee for data allowances of 6 GB and higher, the monthly payment is completely offset. What is so wrong about that. I just don't understand the negativity.

YES, it is an EXPENSIVE way to lease a phone if you choose to upgrade before completing all of your payments, but to purchase a phone and you have a data allowance of 6 GB or more I don't see ANY downside to it. If you want to pay the money up front, fine, but if you want to keep your money in your own pocket for a longer period of time what is the harm????

As to choice of phone, that is completely a personal choice. What one person likes will not necessarily be what someone else likes. Go to a store, look at the phones and choose for yourself. Big screen: Note 4, Nexus 6 or iPhone 6+. Regular sized screen: Droid Turbo or iPone 6. Those would be my recommendations. Of course, you must choose between iOS and android.

View solution in original post

Re: new potential  customer
Snn5
Legend

Speaking from a single line plan:

Don't depend on customer service unless you just CAN'T get an answer here from other customers.  The phone is up to you, but look for something with Lollipop already on the phone. 

Plans depend on how much data you want, but look into More Everything as it has a lot more perks than an Individual Line Plan.

Stay away from Edge unless you just have to have a new phone every year to year and a half and want to lose the money you invested. You must turn in the Edge phone to upgrade to a new phone, which must be in great condition.  (Subject to Verizon's opinion.)  There are some good points to Edge depending on the level of Data you get, 6GB or more offers more of a discount than under 6GB. That can offset the cost of the phone some. Others may say different, but being a new customer on Edge is different than being a current customer who traded in a phone on Edge.

Search around and you'll find stories of traded phones never making it to the returns center, or at least customers being charged $299 or more for phones that VZW hasn't processed yet.

For all the limitations like data caps and high prices you also get great coverage area. 

So, in the end, what's your budget, coverage area, expectations, and data need?

rcschnoor
Legend

I disagree with people who simply make a blanket statement to stay away from Edge. There is nothing wrong with Edge as long as you understand what it is.

It is simply 0% financing plan for a phone purchase with payments spread out over 24 months. There is nothing wrong with purchasing on Edge and in fact there are many reasons to do so. A discount on your service plan comes to mind. Edge is not just for people who want to get a new phone a bit earlier than 2 years, either. Possibly someone doesn't want to fork over $600 to purchase a phone all at once. That is not a small amount of money. With a $25/month Edge discount on a line access fee for data allowances of 6 GB and higher, the monthly payment is completely offset. What is so wrong about that. I just don't understand the negativity.

YES, it is an EXPENSIVE way to lease a phone if you choose to upgrade before completing all of your payments, but to purchase a phone and you have a data allowance of 6 GB or more I don't see ANY downside to it. If you want to pay the money up front, fine, but if you want to keep your money in your own pocket for a longer period of time what is the harm????

As to choice of phone, that is completely a personal choice. What one person likes will not necessarily be what someone else likes. Go to a store, look at the phones and choose for yourself. Big screen: Note 4, Nexus 6 or iPhone 6+. Regular sized screen: Droid Turbo or iPone 6. Those would be my recommendations. Of course, you must choose between iOS and android.

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Agree.  I have the single phone plan, only 1GB, but always around wifi. So still get a 15 discount. Just picked up the Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon Sapphire blue. (love the phone, new experience from Samsung). So, literally only paying roughly 8 a month for phone.  Always tell people Edge is an excellent choice instead of paying all at once.  No problems here.

0 Likes
Re: new potential  customer
Snn5
Legend

As you can see, everyone has reiterated what I said, so go into it cautiously. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We would love to have you with our family ckar. We are very friendly and have the best customer service in the nation. Our customers are very happy with their coverage and can contact at anytime about their plan and options. How many lines do you plan to have with us?Do you have smart phones currently? How much data do you currently have? You can view all options online via our website here http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/more-everything/  .  KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes