Razr M not downloading and receiving group texts
camarojen1

For the last four months or so, this phone takes forever on receiving group messages.  It says "downloading" for several hours if not days.  My husband has the samsung s4 and it gets the same message right away when I am sitting next to him.  The last two days, I am no longer receiving group messages at all.  The only reason I knew I received on was vtext on the verizon site. Help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr M not downloading and receiving group texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
camarojen1,
Great, so we have been able to narrow this down to the stock app after the update. Let's have you try using Verizon Messages (available in the app store) and see if the issue persists there. We will lift up this issue to see if anything can be done with the software so that the stock app will work correctly again. Keep us posted!

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4efb

I'm having the same problem with ordinary texts that send photos. I get the download button. I push it and it says downloading then stops and nothing opens.

0 Likes
4efb

OK, I just figured it out. I turned off my phone and then restarted it. Now it's accepting photos in texts. It just needed a break.

0 Likes
camarojen1

Doesn't work for mine unfortunately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi camarojen1!   I'm sorry to learn of any issue with group messaging on your RAZR M! Let's see what we can do to fix this OK? First, let's clear the cache on your messaging application. You would just go to Settings/Application manager/All/Messaging. Then clear cache and clear data.  Another step is to delete any unneeded messaging threads on the device. Once that's done, please power off and on again, and try again. Keep us posted!   Thank you,   ChristinaB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
camarojen1

I do not have an option under my settings/application manager for messaging.

0 Likes
camarojen1

When I go under messaging>settings there isn't anything there for clearing cache.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
No worries camarojen1. We can provide those steps. Here is a link with the directions to clear the cache on your device http://vz.to/1GQ04WS . Please keep us posted and let us know if you still are having issues after performing this step.   KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
camarojen1

It did not work.

On Mar 24, 2015 10:45 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
camarojen1

Now I am also not getting any picture messages. It says error when

downloading every time.

0 Likes