Faulty Charging Port
nvan6138

In the last month I have been sent 4-5 "refurbished" Samsung Galaxy s4 phones.  Each one has the same issue that the charging port is faulty.  I have sent each phone back within the allotted time and followed Verizon's procedures. In addition to the 30 day manufactures warranty (which I have been well within each time), I also pay for insurance each month which provides me with the extended warranty for the lifetime of my phone.

Last night I was informed that I had reached the maximum amount of replacement phones they would send me for the duration of my contract.  I obviously would have LOVED to have been sent a working phone the first time instead of dealing with this huge nightmare.  However, now it appears that Verizon is unwilling to honor either my insurance or the 30 day manufacturers warranty.

One agent went so far as to apologize and tell me I was dealing with a company that only cared about money, not its customers.  I have to imagine it would have been cheaper for Verizon to send a working phone the first time and then they would have saved both money and had a happy customer.

Has anyone else had problems with their charging port?

Has anyone else reached the maximum replacement phones and been told they are S.O.L. by Verizon?

Any recourse?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Faulty Charging Port
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I know of one person with a port pin problem but like you he was able to get another "refurbished" replacement that really worked!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I truly apologize for the issues that you've been running into with your replacement devices. What specific issues are you running into with the charging port? Does the issue occur right away or after a certain period of time?  YosefT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
romy64

I just had a similar issue with my Motorola Razr M.  The charging port was defective, and I had an extended warranty and ordered a replacement.  The replacement came today, and I got home and plugged it in to charge.  I waited until the battery indicator said 99% then powered it up... at least I tried to power it up, but it won't power up at all.  I've tried holding down both the power and volume down button.  I've taken it on and off the charger several times.  I've removed and reinstalled the sim and sd cards.  I am at a loss.  I tried to get chat help, but the agents have been busy for hours on end the last few times I've tried.  I had already packaged up my old phone to send back; I have an appointment in half an hour; now I have to dig it back out and use it for the night while it still has a little battery life.  Any advice would help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
romy64, I am sorry to hear of your recent experience with your phone. I understand how upsetting this can be when you have issues with your phone. Let's get this back on track with your phone. You have done everything right. We encourage you to press and hold the volume down key and the power button for approx 1 min. In doing so it will power the device back up. Please keep us posted on your progress after holding it down for 1 min.   RobinD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ronc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems I am in this boat.  My phone will not charge at all.  It is my second S4.  I am going back to LG.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here to help ron13,

I know this is an urgent matter.  I am always dependent on my phone and a having a charging phone is essential.  How soon after your replacement did you start having this issue? Have you tried using a different charger?  Any error messages?

Keep us posted. Here to help.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KatW529

I was originally an Alltel customer and had that problem and they had advised that if after the (I believe) 3rd replacement, it was always the same issue, they replaced with the closest similar phone. Before it messed up again Verizon bought them, but they did switch my phone out, just not to the phone I'd previously been told I would get but to a different phone (the verizon equivalent to the alltel phone i had). Pretty sure they would have a-had to advise you when they ordered last phone that you weren't eligible for another, b-if its still under manufacturer warranty, reach out to the manufacturer, and c- if they haven't fixed your problem and aren't going to replace the phone I'd tell them you're going to speak to an attorney about getting the money you paid in for insurance that's illegit back due to false pretenses.

0 Likes