poor cell signal
FOREPAUGH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Howdy our cell phone signal has been getting worse and worse since late Oct or early Nov  I have a galaxy note 2 and a galaxy 5 i have even bought a Samsung network extender good signal but drop calls more often or cant hear the other person it is terrible. We used to have a good signal 4 or 5 bars .We have been a Verizon customer for a lot of years. We have business to run. What the heck is going on. We live in the 85320 Aguila, Az we are only 7 miles from the tower there in a straight line with no obstructions in the way. please help

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: poor cell signal
FOREPAUGH
Enthusiast - Level 2

well it seems that we used to get 4 and 5 bars of signal now since oct or early nov we are just squeaking out 1 and sometimes 2  and sometimes barely 1. its 7 miles straight line distance and with binoculars i can see the tower.  my neighbors are saying the same thing. verizon is the only carrier that works in this area. it is like we cant go to another cell carrier. you guys need to do something. we used to dial a * 248 i think it was now its just says it is done on the sim card.mike balowski 

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: MICHAEL BALOWSKI <standupmike@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2015 8:01 PM

Subject: - poor cell signal

#yiv8075510168 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

poor cell signal

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion                  FOREPAUGH,

I know that would changes in service would concern me just the same and we're definitely here to help out. Taking a quick look at the location as a whole, you would be near some extended networks and even no services locations. Based on this, dropped calls could be more frequent as well as latency with data connectivity. Also, if accurate to your location, 7 miles can definitely have an impact on service as is, but can be even more challenging as more users would be connected to the site as this will decrease the distance the signal would be able to travel. Have you called in about this issue previously? Are you aware if a ticket was ever filed for the concerns at the trouble address? Any difference in reception when indoors or outdoors?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Verizon Wireless Services by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FOREPAUGH,

I know that would changes in service would concern me just the same and we're definitely here to help out. Taking a quick look at the location as a whole, you would be near some extended networks and even no services locations. Based on this, dropped calls could be more frequent as well as latency with data connectivity. Also, if accurate to your location, 7 miles can definitely have an impact on service as is, but can be even more challenging as more users would be connected to the site as this will decrease the distance the signal would be able to travel. Have you called in about this issue previously? Are you aware if a ticket was ever filed for the concerns at the trouble address? Any difference in reception when indoors or outdoors?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

FOREPAUGH
Enthusiast - Level 2

well it seems that we used to get 4 and 5 bars of signal now since oct or early nov we are just squeaking out 1 and sometimes 2  and sometimes barely 1. its 7 miles straight line distance and with binoculars i can see the tower.  my neighbors are saying the same thing. verizon is the only carrier that works in this area. it is like we cant go to another cell carrier. you guys need to do something. we used to dial a * 248 i think it was now its just says it is done on the sim card.mike balowski 

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: MICHAEL BALOWSKI <standupmike@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2015 8:01 PM

Subject: - poor cell signal

#yiv8075510168 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

poor cell signal

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion                  FOREPAUGH,

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Verizon Wireless Services by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|