Can I Turn Off System Updates?
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

I am seeing a lot of negative reviews about Lollipop this morning. I am not interested in turning the phone I currently enjoy using into a brick. Is there a way to turn off the system update that keeps trying to force me to upgrade?

0 Likes
Re: Can I Turn Off System Updates?
Snn5
Legend

I believe there is no longer a way to stop that notification.  You will just have to decline or defer.

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

There is no option to decline. Only "Install Later" or "Install Now."  I can hit the back arrow to get away from it, but the notification comes back a short time later.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I believe, unless another user confirms differently, that you will have to Install Later or continue to press your back arrow.

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

Great. Just great.  Another issue Verizon will just do nothing about.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it'll install by itself at some point.

fwiw:

my download/install took 30 & i had 0" issues, everything works as it should & batt life is better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chris_H We always want to do our best and resolve your issues. What we can do is help troubleshoot your device or review replacement options should the update cause your phone not to work. Updates are designed to enhance the device but Verizon Wireless does not create the updates or have a way to revert them once installed.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jennholloway

Now just installed lollipop feels like got popped! No longer can I see pictures on Facebook. And it's running slower than ever. Why upgrade, when it downgraded me? How do I either get back what had before, or at least see the pictures from friends on Facebook?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

btw, that didn't answer the original question.