When will the Google (HTC) Nexus 9 lte be available?
RJD99
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new Nexus 9 tablet with LTE has been available for several months.  When will Verizon Wireless sell it or provide connectivity to it?  It took 2-3 months to get the Nexus 7 tablet on Verizon LTE network.   The Nexus 9 is now about 6 months old and not yet on the Verizon network.

Labels (1)
Re: When will the Google (HTC) Nexus 9 lte be available?
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon told me that if I bought the Nexus 9 they would activate it. Then refused at store. $650 for no connectivity. What is wrong with Verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey everyone. While we can’t guarantee full functionality of a non-VZW device on the network, all that is needed is to get a Verizon sim card and activate it in a VZW device. Then the sim card can be swapped over. Any of our corporate stores would be able to help you with this. You will need to add a new line to your account in order for us to do this.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually did this. spent two hours with a nice Verizon tech at corporate store. I have a tablet line. He swapped out a just returned iPad Sim card with mine and everything showed up as if should work, but still no activation.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can find many other customers tried same thing to no avail on XDA forum threads. Verizon just won't pull the switch on the activation for the approved LTE Nexus 9 because they are not yet selling the device. Consensus from many reliable Verizon anonymous employees. I have spent well over $35,000 with Verizon last seven years too. Loyal and heavy customer. Bought tablet for the 4G LTE capabilities for GPS in real estate business.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will go in Verizon tomorrow and cancel my current tablet line and try subscription for a new line and see if that works with brand new Sim card. Will follow up here.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well Chris, I went in today as I said, and after nearly two hours no luck.  They had corporate on phone, troubleshooting, switching sim cards from store demos, new sims, activated tablet line, and so on...could get everything to work except the Nexus 9 Android 4G LTE tablet to get the signal.  Everyone was nice about it, but I still have a device that should work on Verizon which was purchased for use as a navigation device in my SUV, so now I have a nice $650 high end tablet collecting dust.  Hope they can fix issue soon...thanks

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did they try and input an APN setting for Verizon?

kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, they got through everything needed to receive signal. All normal protocols met except inability to switch from preferred network type of global to lte/CDMA, and of course receive signal. They even used Sim card from my Nexus 6 phone. Somehow Verizon is simply blocking the activation of the Nexus 9. Corporate techs call me with no excuse or explanations. Sad.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

My guess is that they will activate it once they decide to sell it.

0 Likes