phone does not want to wake up when I push the power or home buttons
kentwine

I recently updated my S5 to Android 5.  I had a lot of problems so I did a factory reset.  That seemed to help, but sometimes the phone does not want to wake up when I push the power or home buttons.  Can you help me?

0 Likes
Re: phone does not want to wake up when I push the power or home buttons
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Go to a Best Buys and have Samsung do a clean install of 5.0 and that should take care of your problem.    Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kentwine, This is truly disheartening to learn! Updates are designed to make your phone perfrom better. Let's take a look at our Software Repair Assistant designed for your phone. Can you please ensure your information is backed up and take these steps to resolve http://vz.to/1G7uD9S. Please keep us posted on the result.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kentwine

I did the software repair as it was described in the link above.  It seemed to be working well until today when I was driving to work and my phone was plugged into the car charger and asleep.  I tried to wake it up at a stop light and it did not want to wake up.  This has happened a couple more times today, all while plugged in and charging. 

0 Likes
kentwine

OK Verizon, I followed your directions and did the software repair.  It worked for a while now I have a slow phone that works only when it wants to and not when I need it to work.  Yesterday it decided to restart itself multiple times (I stopped counting after 10).  Looks like I am going to have to go to the Verizon Store and try to exchange phones.  Hopefully that will help.

0 Likes