Serious Problem with Verizon
mikegs

I have a huge problem with Verizon.  I took my adult son to a local Verizon store and bought him a phone. When the phone was activated and an account set up, the clerk used MY personal information with my SON'S address for the service!  My son defaulted on the payments and because the bills were being mailed to my son's home, I was unaware of the unpaid bills... Until I received a notice from a collection agency at MY home address.  I immediately paid the outrageous bill and have been attempting ever since to delete the damage done to my credit!  This has been a total nightmare as I am trying to apply for a mortgage. 

I have called and called Verizon but continue to be shuffled around.  I just need someone to hear me out and help me clear up this mess!! It can easily be proven that I've never lived at the address the bills/emails were being sent.  I know the negative reporting to my credit can be deleted.  It is the goodwill thing to do.  I have faith that Verizon has employees that can help resolve my situation!  PLEASE HELP.

Michael K.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Serious Problem with Verizon
Snn5
Legend

Who was responsible for the bill?  Who's account was it on?  Was the son made an account manager?  Why did the son not inform you of the issues as it was his responsibility?  If you allowed him on your account, then he is your responsibility.  Just like co-signing for a car for someone...they come after you as well.

0 Likes
Re: Serious Problem with Verizon
Weth
Legend

Did you sign for the phones and was your name used for the credit check when purchasing the phones? if so, then you are at minimum co- signatory responsible for account. 

0 Likes