I'm not getting voice mail.
servo75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Voice mail messages are coming in but they are not displaying in the list of messages.  When trying to refresh I get the message "We can't connect to Visual Voice Mail at this time.  Check your network connection and try again later."  I've been getting this for a few days and it says that the last refresh to my voice mail list was 4 days ago.

Labels (1)
Re: I'm not getting voice mail.
Snn5
Legend

Which phone are you using?  Has this been since an update to the operating system?  Can you go back to basic voicemail for the time being? 

0 Likes
servo75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using a Galaxy S5.  Yes the basic voice mail works, but I'd like to use the visual voice mail so I can at least see a list of messages in front of me.  My premium voice mail expired over a month ago but I've still been able to get the Basic Visual up until a couple of days ago.  As far as I'm aware there's been no OS upgrade.  EDIT:  I can confirm that the OS, Android 4.4.4, is the same as the one when I got the phone.  I have not been prompted to update the Visual Voice Mail app (3.0.6)

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OK, so you DIDN"T update to 5.0.  Do you have VoLTE/ Advanced Calling set up on your phone?  If so, you might try disabling that feature and try again.  I'm hesitant to suggest updating to 5.0 given the issues reported here, and IDK if that might help your issue with the app.  Have you cleared or deleted the VVM app cache?

servo75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did delete the cache, that didn't help.  I don't think I have Advanced Calling set up, or how I'd know if I did.  I don't think it's an issue with the OS either.  Perhaps delete the data from the VM app and start over?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, try deleting the app info.  You can enable your video calling by going to apps, phone, menu, settings, call, video calling and ok.  That is, if you updated the phone to that specific update.

servo75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nah deleting the data didn't help.  I wonder if there's a way to update the app?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It updates as needed from Verizon since it isn't available on the GPS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get all of your messages, servo75! I appreciate all the details you've provided so far and everything you've tried. Please try deleting Visual Voicemail altogether, power phone off for 30 seconds and retstart. Actually, you'll need to Force Stop it. Then when you restart, re-download and set up. Let's see if this corrects it. You can go to Settings>Uninstall/disable apps> select Visual Voicemail.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go to Visual Voicemail in your app manager.

Force stop the app.

Uninstall Updates or disable.

Restart phone.

Re-enable VVM again from app manager.

It will re-install any updates when you connect to wifi or data.

0 Likes