I recently got very ill and a late payment of $226 got reported to the credit bureaus...
DBoston

I had perfect credit before this and paid the amount immediately once I realized what was going on.  Can this be removed?  I will make the next 6 months of payments or start automatic withdrawal to show good faith.  It wasn't a matter of money, my world was just tipped upside down from the diagnosis and I will do anything to fix it.  I'm willing to prove it with medical records or do whatever it takes.   I've been a Verizon customer for over a decade and have always been so happy with service.  I would never ruin my credit for $226.  HELP please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I recently got very ill and a late payment of $226 got reported to the credit bureaus...
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately this is a customer to customer forum. We can't help with this issue. However, with any payment due, once you are 30 days late it is reported to the credit agencies. It is truly unfortunate.

0 Likes
Re: I recently got very ill and a late payment of $226 got reported to the credit bureaus...
Snn5
Legend

From the POV of a former collector I can tell you that this will remain for 7 years.  Obviously when payment is made in full the report will show paid off, but the record remains.  I won't get into all the promises made by collectors to get you to pay a bill in full and fast, since commission and goals and getting the client their money are of their utmost priority.  I have yet had a story told that reversed a collections report since first that story has to go to deaf ears of the collector and then to the company owed, who wants their money.  My companies wanted their money and were responsible for filing the report.  I only had to get the money.  Your only appeal would be directly to Verizon, but it would be at their mercy if it has yet to be reported to any credit bureau.  The law would not help you much here as the payment was late.  Usually though, Verizon, at least I do not think, reports immediately after 1 month being missed.  Generally potential charge-off accounts are reported after 3 months delinquency.  So, again, the law wouldn't help much there considering how much time and notice were given, if that was the case.

0 Likes