Fequently unable to send
TheouAegis

I just recently got an HTC Desire 612. At first as far as I knew every text message I sent, normal SMS, went through fine. Lately in the last week over half of my messages have been unable to send. The phone is using Message+.

I write out a message and then when I try to send it stays on "Sending" for many minutes. Then it either says the message was not sent or may say the message actually was sent when it didn't actually go through. Just yesterday I sent two text messages that on my phone were supposedly sent but the recipient never got them until 5 hours later when they all came at the same time. I live with said recipient & I had been home for longer than 3 hours, so there was no reason for it to take 5 hours to send the message.

This behavior has been sporadic but growing more frequent. When it first started happening, I had 2 bars receptipn, but i have also seen it unable to send with 5 bars. It happens when I'm connected to wi-fi and when offline. It happens in locations i never had issues with on my old HTC Rezound. It even happens in places i had texted from just fine on this phone. For example, I texted my girl while in the break room at work just fine, but 3 hours later I can't send any more from work or even outside work.

I can still receive messages and call out just fine, so I know I am not in a dead zone when it happens. I have tried shutting my phone down and started it back up. I don't know how to get the case off to get to the battery to do a soft reset, but that never worked on my Rezound when it had any issues so I doubt it would work on my Desire any way. I checked for an update to my phone, but it says my phone is up to date. I updated Message+ to no avail either.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fequently unable to send
TheouAegis

I don't know if I can edit a post from the mobile version of this forum, so I will just post extra info here. Just wanted to point out that the issue has occurred with different types of phones for the recipients. I have had issues sending to an iPhone, a Samsung, and LG.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Does your stock messaging app work correctly?

0 Likes
TheouAegis

Message+ is my stock app.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Try hangouts and set it as default messenger.  I'm sorry VZW Messages+ was your only stock app.  I'm attempting to narrow down the app or the service.

0 Likes