I cannot get more than 12 to 14 hours out of a full charge, and with a new battery. Is the phone dying?
scribbler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot get more than 12 to 14 hours out of a full charge, and with a new battery.  The battery has been charged at least a dozen times, so I know it's at full charge.  Is the phone dying?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot get more than 12 to 14 hours out of a full charge, and with a new battery.  Is the phone dying?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

12 to 14 is avg. for some but most  phones will pull a full day plus.  What model phone how is it being used and  what charging cycles are you using ?

Re: I cannot get more than 12 to 14 hours out of a full charge, and with a new battery.  Is the phone dying?
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, depending on phone and use most folks get 10-15 hours of normal use between calls, screen on time, data use, signal searching, wifi use, apps, games whatever. 

0 Likes
scribbler
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a Samsung Stratosphere, and I shut down all applications after each use.  I don't download a lot of data, and I use it for messaging and basic phone functions.  I don't know what you mean by charge cycle, but I now have to charge it every night.  My wife has an I phone, and she gets at least two day on a charge.

Is it time to get a new phone?  This on is three+ years old.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Its 1800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 212 hours (8.8 days) of standby time.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

What is your normal charging period, a lot of quick charges or just one at night?

0 Likes
scribbler
Enthusiast - Level 2

It can sit all day with very little use and be just about dead by night.  So I just charge it overnight, and start the cycle again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You're getting 12-14 hours on a phone with an avg 8 hour battery life.  You're doing something right.

0 Likes
scribbler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the encouragement.  I just think I should get at least a couple of days out of a charge.  I used to up to about six months ago.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Do a Li-ion battery rebuild. Do a full 6-8 hour charge with device in sleep mode, next run it down to about 45-50 % and then a 4-5 hour charge. After that use your phone and take it down to 30%. Another 6-8 hour charge and then down to no lower then 20-25% and one more full 8 hour charge. At that point your battery should be rebuilt back to a normal life cycle. This should eliminate your battery problem.

0 Likes