Messages+ not working on non-Verizon Android phone.
majikshop

I can download and install Messages+ from the Google Play store on my phone.  The application launches, and gives me the "Go Beyond Text" screen.  I click "Get Started" and it briefly flashes "Please wait, starting service" and then drops me to the messaging screen.  It does not give me the opportunity to input/subscribe with my Verizon information.  If I go into the settings menu and choose "Subscribe" the same thing happens.

Please help! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages+ not working on non-Verizon Android phone.
rcschnoor
Legend

majikshop wrote:

No - the FAQ says it will work on any device that meets the minimum specs.  My iPad 2 has no cellular radio, so it's not a Verizon device, and it works fine on that.

Can you link to the FAQ which says this. I see the following on the Verizon Messages FAQ page:

Verizon Messages supports most Verizon Wireless Android phones and a wide range of Android tablets.

There is a difference in how the app works on a phone and on a tablet. On a phone, it syncs with the phone number associated with the phone. Since the phone in question IS NOT a Verizon phone, it will not register/sync. On a tablet, the app must sync with a Verizon Wireless phone number, not a number which is associated with the tablet. This is why you can use it on the wifi tablet but not on a phone from another carrier.

If you want to utilize Verizon Messages abroad, you may be better served using it on your tablet.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Does messaging work?

0 Likes
majikshop

No - like the title of the thread says - Messages+ does NOT work on this phone, hence the request for help.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your subject and post are a bit confusing ... you have VzW service, but you're trying to install Verizon Messages on a phone that isn't Verizon branded?  Or is it that the phone isn't currently active on your phone line?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, you said it dropped you at the messaging screen.  I installed it.  System asks me if I want Messages+ to be the default app.  then, NOTE M+ must be set as default.  GO BEYOND...Get started.  Please wait, starting service.  Exit welcome screen or swipe through intro screen.  Circle next to magnifying glass and 3 vertical line icon top right screen spins.  That's it. Nothing else happens for me.  App is working fine.  I get no SUBSCRIBE message or option.

0 Likes
majikshop

That's correct - I have a Verizon phone, which is my primary phone and phone number.  I also have a phone from another carrier that I take with me outside the country.  The Messages+ app is supposed to allow you access your Verizon SMS/MMS on any device with internet connectivity.  In fact, I have it loaded on a Wi-Fi only iPad 2, and it works fine.

The issue is that it isn't working right on my non-Verizon Android phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

majikshop wrote:

The issue is that it isn't working right on my non-Verizon Android phone.

That's why it won't work. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If memory serves, you have to register each device from the settings menu, which you can also do from the desktop or webpage app.

0 Likes
majikshop

No - the FAQ says it will work on any device that meets the minimum specs.  My iPad 2 has no cellular radio, so it's not a Verizon device, and it works fine on that.

0 Likes
majikshop

Registering it from the Settings menu doesn't work - as I said in the entry that started the thread.

0 Likes