night mare
walker69

I spent 4 hours trying to get a note 4 on my wasted Saturday afternoon.  I started at best buy then Verizon store then 4 different people on customer service.  They told me I had a fraud alert and had to wait 3 days to get cleared for a phone. Absolute nightmare. Why am I being punished for something I didn't do and why after verifying me on the phone still told i have to wait 3 days. I am done and changing carriers tomorrow

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: night mare
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Why did they say there was a fraud alert placed on your account?

0 Likes
walker69

On January 15 2015 a iphone was purchased online but was cancel do to me getting an email notification of the purchase. BUT what is troubling is that i could get a phone and had to wait to 3 days to get get verified after talking to customer service sounds like they are passing the buck and way backed up

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Once someone gains access to an account, the criminals try to maximize their take on that account.  Once fraud is found, the chance of an additional fraudulent purchase on that account is high.   The hold is really protecting you, especially on a weekend. Why not wait 3 days.   If Verizon didn't put the hold and more phones were put on your account, you would be mad then Also.  No win situation for everyone when criminals get into an account.  Personally I would rather have this hold to protect me.  3 days is not the end of the world.  

mama23dogs
Legend

Absolutely!

Only a couple of weeks ago a poster wrote about a similar situation, only Verizon didn't stop the shipment, mailed the phone to an address NOT on the customers account, billed the customer for the cost of the phone $650+

it took several calls to get the billing fixed.  Until it was, Verizon was expecting the customer to pay the bill or risk suspension of all their lines.

That case was handled wrong.

THey are doing the right thing in your case.  You wont be billed for a phone sent to a thief.

The correct response is..."thank you, what do I need to do to secure my account so it doesn't happen again?"

Link to previous discussion below...

Verizon Wireless does not care about fraud.

0 Likes