Data hog
Gideon-Jim

Ellipsis 7 tablet is a data hog? In just four days it has consumed almost 1 gb of data in my plan. How can I reduce the amount of data it uses?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data hog
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to conserve your data, Gideon-Jim. There's a fantastic tool through My Verizon called Data Utilization http://vz.to/1Drh2I3 that can help to narrow down what may be using your data allowance. You can also go in through the tablet itself into Settings > Data Usage and see the particular applications that may have been using more data than others. What are the top 3 applications listed? Do you see any applications that are above the 500 MB (.5 GB) range? That same screen has a menu option on the top right corner to select to turn off auto-sync or background data that can lead to a savings in your data usage as well.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mamakp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem, do what I did and turn it off and stick it in a drawer. Chalk it up to a bad investment, and when your contract is up, go find another wireless provider and  pay less for more data. LOL Good luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to conserve your data, Gideon-Jim. There's a fantastic tool through My Verizon called Data Utilization http://vz.to/1Drh2I3 that can help to narrow down what may be using your data allowance. You can also go in through the tablet itself into Settings > Data Usage and see the particular applications that may have been using more data than others. What are the top 3 applications listed? Do you see any applications that are above the 500 MB (.5 GB) range? That same screen has a menu option on the top right corner to select to turn off auto-sync or background data that can lead to a savings in your data usage as well.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes