After Update to 21.44.12 Droid Turbo keeps restarting
widmech

My Droid Turbo recently performed an OTA update which has caused the phone to randomly restart.  I cant seem to pinpoint a cause of this and I have also seen others with similar problems without a working solution. Is there any other advice on how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After Update to 21.44.12 Droid Turbo keeps restarting
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
widmech

A system cache clear only worked for half a day. This morning the phone is restarting more often.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Boo.  You could try running the phone in safe mode to see if there's an app conflict.  If all else fails to remedy the issue, back everything up and do a factory data reset.

Restart the Device in Safe Mode DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
widmech

Thank you, I will try running today in safe mode.  The other issue i notice is that after the restart my wifi is toggled off. I really dont want to do another factory reset. Hopefully I can find a problem App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your efforts, widmech. The Safe Mode option is a great start to ensure there's not a conflict of applications causing the WiFi to turn off or the rebooting issue as tikibar1 mentioned. Please keep us posted on how well the phone runs while in Safe Mode.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
widmech

24 hours with Safe Mode and no restarts. So I cleaned up apps that I wasn't using and updated the others. It would appear that it was an App conflict causing the restarts and WiFi issue. 12 hours on regular mode with no restarts, so my fingers are crossed. Thanks all for your help.

Bob

0 Likes
widmech

Apparently I spoke too soon. after shutting off and charging at night, the phone restarted within the first five minutes of being turned on the next morning.  I read somewhere, that a cover could cause this.  I have a otterbox defender which might be the culprit. I have been careful not to use the power button to wake, but rather the screen option. Maybe its getting stuck or putting pressure on power button?  Without the cover it doesnt seem to take a lot of pressure to push the power button.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Does the cover affect the proximity sensor at all?  If it has that built in thick face protector it might.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The Droid Turbo because of it's size is sometimes a bit hard to get a proper fit in any make case. I would try it for a period of time outside the case to see if the problem goes away.

0 Likes