Is there anyway to go back to previous update. VERIZON UPDATE KILLS S5
snelson3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to go back before latest update. Samsung S5 is junk after update we have 3 of them and all 3 phone now  lock up,restart while talking,red light on backs come on, battery drains twice as fast Have done factory resets,have cleared this and that.

Labels (1)
Re: Is there anyway to go back to previous update. VERIZON UPDATE KILLS S5
Snn5
Legend

Negative.  No reverting is possible.  Have to hold out for a patch.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Call Samsung and voice your displeasure of the OTA. Insist on a patch.

ffighteremtp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why in the hell did they release this horrible downgrade and call it an update to a perfectly stable and awesome phone? Is it the advent of the S6 and wanting to drive people to their new product? This is actually worse than the last update Apple did to the 5S which made me switch. I am done with Verizon and Samsung. No reason we should have to wait for a patch, fix, or any other remedy. This piece of junk software should never have been released!

MrMP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I and many other people have seen the S5/Android 5.0 battery/heat/lag issues go away by uninstalling Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

I did this yesterday and my phone is back to normal.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi FrustratedS5NOWSUCKS!  I'm sorry for any issues with the software update on your device. Please let me know what's going on with your device! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already?  ChristinaB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bktdd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't show FB taking much battery, how weeps this help?

0 Likes
MrMP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure why, but it worked for me and others. It didn't solve all the Android 5.0 problems for my S5, but it's about 75% better than it was before.

It's possible that Facebook is using network services at a rate or in a manner that is taxing on the battery.