Can't send email from my personal pop3 account via my S5. Receives mail fine.
Spectre55

Hi,

I have an S5 that I use to receive email from my personal email account (supplied by Primelink).  I can receive email fine, but can't send anything.  My SMTP server is mail.wgtest.com using port 465.  I am using K9 mail as my email app.

I was told by Primelink that it's a Verizon Wireless issue.  Is there any way to respond to my emails from my phone?  I can send via my hotmail account, but then my hotmail sent message folder gets filled up and the reply to address always shows up as my hotmail address, not the wgtest.com address.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Spectre55

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send email from my personal pop3 account via my S5.  Receives mail fine.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see those emails flying out from the right account, Spectre55! Have you tried removing and readding the account? Have you tested the native Email application with the same account? I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: Can't send email from my personal pop3 account via my S5. Receives mail fine.
Spectre55

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using three different email apps and keep getting the message that it can't connect to the server.  I'm using the smtp address of mail.wgtest.com.  As I said, I can receive fine, but Primelink told me that Verizon won't let me send from my primelink account through their system.  They said I may have to use an smtp relaying service, which I've never heard of.

0 Likes
Re: Can't send email from my personal pop3 account via my S5.  Receives mail fine.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spectre55,

Thanks for trying that. We process all emails the same so that shouldn't be an issue. If other emails are working then that doesn't seem to be an issue. Do you get any error when setting up the account? What does the phone say when you try to send from this account?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes