Error pop up message
bryanbaker87
Enthusiast - Level 2

so after the horrible update to Lollipop and having my phone get extremely hot and battery getting drained fast, i gave in and did a factorty reset. After i did that, all those problems disappeared, however, now i keep getting "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped" pop up. Anyone else having this issue?? Its really annoying.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error pop up message
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

From your posting I see you did the FDR but I would do this again but in a somewhat different way. When doing the FDR  it sometimes leave behind stray bits of bad file codes, so you need to do a system wipe clear twice before doing the FDR. This should clear out bad files and bring your phone back close to norm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup this has been happening to allot a customers)  I'd try a Factory Reset, Make sure all your apps that you use are up to Date and hold on until another update comes out..

cox4life

Yes I have notice this as well. also notice  that my phone has been restarting itself during the day at lease once.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

From your posting I see you did the FDR but I would do this again but in a somewhat different way. When doing the FDR  it sometimes leave behind stray bits of bad file codes, so you need to do a system wipe clear twice before doing the FDR. This should clear out bad files and bring your phone back close to norm.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I agree as well because sometimes running ( 1 )  F.D.R just doesn't clean all the things that are causing the conflicts in the phone or in with the OS when you install a new OS it sets atop of the old meaning whats left of Jelly Bean and it's files and if the ( 2 ) OS's can't mesh together that is were issues come from)  running back FDR's should help to more thorough clean the phones system..

Snn5
Legend

I always FDR as soon as the update is seen, then I update with the install, then FDR again.  A little much but I have NEVER had any issues after such.  This last phone was the exception as it auto-updated without me doing the usual FDR ritual first.