Phone activation This SIM card is from an unknown source.
federicoiussigzuliani
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I am using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II model number SCH-I605. I use to travel a lot for work outside US and when I am abroad I use many different SIM cards. My Verizon phone abroad is working fine but I have always the following popup message:

Phone activation

This SIM card is from an unknown source.

I tried to click on the message, then on App info and then I forced to stop "Setup Wizard" (I saw a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55QXvJXljbQ ), the message disappeared but then after rebooting the phone it started again the popup message.

Could you please tell me an easy way (I am not an IT expert) to delete permanently that "Phone activation" annoying icon message?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone activation This SIM card is from an unknown source.
federicoiussigzuliani
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screen

20150226_210703.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

federicoiussigzuliani,

I am sorry to hear of the message on your phone. Let's investigate into this. Does this message only appear when placing an international SIM into your phone? Does this message also pop up on the screen when performing certain actions or is it just visible in the notifications? When this message pops up do you still have full function of your text,voice, and data?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

federicoiussigzuliani
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Lindsey, thanks for your reply.

The message only appear when I am using an international SIM into my phone. When this message pops up I still have full function of my text,voice, and data 3G. I only not able to use the 4G LTE because it seams that the 4G is blocked and it can be used only with a Verizon SIM card (the 4G is available with the Carrier rhat I am using right now in Europe and also the area is covered). BTW, is there any possibility to unlock the 4G so I can use it also abroad (I am travelling in Europe)?

Thanks

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try Calling the Following and or Click on the Links

Customer Service

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

Here's some other Numbers that might help in your issue as Well

Global Roaming FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Call the Global Support Team to get assistance while traveling:

• Inside the United States: Call (800) 711-8300.
  • Outside the United States: Enter the exit code for the country you're in, and then enter (908) 559-4899.

Click on this Link's PDF  it will provide you with a Specific Number for the Country your in

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/6715-4545-global-support-toll-free-numbers.pdf

0 Likes
federicoiussigzuliani
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi B33 , thanks for all the info. I will try to call the Global Support Team but before that I will wait an answer from LindseyT_VZW. I hope you guys will be able to solve it.

Thanks

federicoiussigzuliani
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems that here in Europe for the 4G LTE they use: 800 band 20, 900 band 8, 1,800 band 3 and 2,600 band 7. In US the phones are using: 700 band 13. Probably that's why I am not able to use the 4G LTE.

Is there any possibility to change the band or change the configuration?

Thanks

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome. B

0 Likes