Why has my Samsung Galaxy S5 recently started taking all of my incoming calls right to voicemail?
DCMattM

This just started happening to me recently (i.e. within the last week).  Any incoming calls go straight to voicemail without any notification of an incoming call on my phone.  No ringing, no vibrating...nothing.  I need my calls to come through as I travel reasonably great distances for work.  Has anyone else had this happen?  How can I resolve this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Why has my Samsung Galaxy S5 recently started taking all of my incoming calls right to voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCMattM,

We definitely want to make sure you are getting all of your calls! That's incredibly important. Are you able to make calls? How many bars of signal are set up? Can you check your account to make sure no forwarding is in place? http://vz.to/1LKN1az

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why has my Samsung Galaxy S5 recently started taking all of my incoming calls right to voicemail?
bearone21
Legend

is your phone set to silent??

0 Likes
DCMattM

AndrewT_VZW -

I am able to make calls and I checked to make sure that call forwarding was inactive for my number.  Interestingly enough, I  wasnt able to receive calls when I was at work yesterday but when I got home and tried making a call to my phone it rang through and showed up on my display and everything.  Im at home today and tried it and it seems to be working fine.  Not sure what was/is going on.

DCMattM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCMattM,

We want you to receive all of your calls when people call. I am glad to hear your issue is now resolved. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DCMattM

RobinD_VZW -

It appears as though my incoming calls only go right to voicemail when I am outside of my area code (717).  When I am at home or the general area and I receive an incoming call it comes through as normal.  However when I am at work or outside of my area any incoming calls go right to voicemail without any notification of the call.  This is a problem because I work outside of my home area code and need to be able to receive any calls I get.  Can you please help me with this?  Thanks!

Matt

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This is not the experience we want you to have with our service DCMattM. I know its important to use your phone while your at work. What is the zip code of your work? You can also send us a private message and provide us with some information about the area you work in so we can investigate. Are the issues when your inside or outside of your work area?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DCMattM

How do I send a private message?  The zip code of where i work is 20250.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
janieinMN
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is also happening to me -- SO FRUSTRATING -- have to be able to receive calls! i've tried several things mentioned in other posts (ie *78 (goes thru "deactivate" - have done twice today), *228 (says sim card has updated roaming), turning phone on/off again, etc). the phone keeps popping up the message 'ready to install' an update, but it's the lollipop upgrade that i don't want. my settings were for manual updates and i had previously refused all download requests for this update. and now it's wanting to install it, and it won't let me say no -- just now or later. is this part of the problem?

FYI, some of my settings are as follows:

wifi on, 4G on

vs 4.4.4

mobile network type LTE (tried global, no change, went back to LTE setting)

service state -in service

roaming -not roaming

mobile netwk state -connected

i can make calls out, text & go to internet -- but incoming calls are going straight to voicemail, and there's NO notice of missed calls if they don't leave a message!

my zip code is 49085

this has been occuring off/on for few months, and more consistently last couple of weeks

we bought the galaxy s5 phones in july? 2014 when we lived in MN, and moved to MI in aug/sept.

PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes