Is there a way to block all calls that are not on your contact list?
mmiller_1980

I have the Samsung S3 and I need to see if there is a way to block all calls that are not listed within my contact list?  I have been getting a lot of spam calls lately and short of changing my phone number (which is my very LAST option), I need help.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to block all calls that are not on your contact list?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mmiller.1980!  I would love to assist with blocking options for your Samsung Galaxy S III.

Please refer to this link with instructions for "Auto Reject Calls" here: http://vz.to/1FFnyND.  Let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Install a call blocker app like WhitePages from the Play Store.

Snn5
Legend

Even identifies mobile numbers with name and address. 

0 Likes
deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

The app I've used for years to block numbers is Mr. Number . I block all numbers not in my contact list. I go with the option  to pick up and hang up. I also have caller id. You can find both in the play store.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

WhitePages bought Mr Number.  Mr Number allows 20 free reverse lookups, (.99 cents for 20 more) but has also not been updated in some time.  Whitepages takes over Mr Number in most aspects.  Mr Number always asks me to install WP for other look ups.

0 Likes
deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

Before I got caller ID which is a recent added app I never did or do reverse lookups. If I received a blocked call I would just Google the number. The Google search would usually go to 1-800 notes or who's calling me. Not gonna pay to lookup a number.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I had hoped Mr Number would keep up to date, but White Pages says they have no plans to further the app.  I asked them why they had 2 apps at this point.  They said it was because some people preferred the user interface of each one or the other.  I know that MN can import from contacts to the block list, WP does not.  Neither incorporate G+, only LinkedIn, Twitter, and FB.  Most all ID apps have done the same thing for me, especially with a social media account linked.  The only time I've had to do a look up is if it is just not found and I know I don't know who it could possibly be, or if it happens more than once.  Mobile numbers are weird though:  WP has found a couple automatically, MN would find it if I looked it up, but at other times, MN couldn't find a name to go with a mobile number.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And, I have used Call Control, all the way through this last beta....they can keep that app.  I paid premium $8 years ago, and now they want $3 more a month for Enhanced ID, which is the same thing as a pop up with info in it, and they want several dollars for 10 look up credits.  I'll take the MN for 99 cents and 20 lookups if needed.  But, I don't see much point in using MN and having to have WP too, so they seem to be doing a Google thing with duplicate, but slightly different apps.

0 Likes
deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

I always use the option to block if not in contact list. I also have forwarded my line land to my cell phone so Mr. Number blocks all calls to both numbers.

0 Likes