battery life
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

my battery life no longer lasts since the last software update. I hardly used my phone today and it was on the charger all night last night and my phone died. I charged it to around 80 to 90 percent before i went to work which i cant use my phone except on break and when i got to my break my phone was completely dead. i have only had my phone for a couple months. i also bought a wireless battery cover and charger to eliminate cords. anyone have a solution to my issue?

Re: battery life
B33
Legend

Go back to the Wired way of charging even though wireless is more convenient it doesn't necessarily charge as good as a Good ole OEM charge cord and charger.. and when your at work unless you need your phone shut if off it'll help prolong the battery & when you go on your break power it up   it not only refreshes the phone it can also help push any messages you may have..

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Another way to save power with S5 is to shut down some known 5.0 issue apps. Camera, Gallery, and turning off Smart Net switch in Wi-Fi. Also using your Wi-Fi only when needed. Delete any unused apps and update any remaining apps to 5.0    

bearone21
Legend

with the phone on, 80-90% isn't a complete charge on the wireless charging....

I've always charged gte/verizon phones off, with the wall charger.

fwiw: my batt life has gotten better with 5.0.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You should be seeing a much longer battery life cycle in a fully working 5.0 update. This was a large part of the update. On the other hand even now about 50% of the updated phones are still having problems even after removing apps, doing system cache clears and such as I learned from talking to Samsung. But that's good news for you on the update, so your in the other 50% working group bearone21.