Charged for Equipment that I returned to Verizon...
Susane138

I took a picture of the Fed-Ex tracking label that was sent to me by Verizon when I returned my Windows Phone to upgrade to an iPhone 6 Plus.  Evidently, it doesn't mean anything to keep up with the tracking.  I was still charged a return fee of $330 for the phone that I mailed back to them.  I upgraded my phone in December 2014 and I returned my old Windows phone at that time.  In early January 2015, I received an email from Verizon saying that they had not received the phone I returned.  I checked the tracking number from the return label that Verizon sent to me and they HAD received it.  I called Verizon on January 7th and spoke with one of their customer service reps (removed) concerning the issue.  I was on the phone for almost an hour when she told me that she checked with their warehouse and they did show that I returned a phone to them but it was the wrong one.  The only phone I had was the one they sent to me.  A few months earlier, I had to use the insurance on my account to order a different Windows phone because the one that Verizon sent me was not working.  So, if it was a different phone, I got it through the insurance on my Verizon account.  The CSR that I spoke with told me that she would take care of the situation for me and would contact me if there were any problems.  That was on January 7th.  I never heard back from the CSR, and I assumed the situation was taken care of.  I just got my bill and I was charged the non-return equipment fee from Verizon.  I will complain to every site I can find on the internet and I will file complaints with the FTC and the BBB.  This happened to me once before with Verizon and it took them forever to straighten it out.  So, I know this is a SCAM with them.  They probably do this thinking that some people will just pay the fee that they don't really owe, and some people probably do.  However, I refuse to throw away my money because of Verizon's insistence on scamming their customers.  I have a good friend who is a lawyer and I will take that route if need be. Verizon Wireless, for once, please do the right thing.  The Fed-Ex tracking number for my device is (removed).  I have a family account and I have paid you $300-$400 a month for the last year and a half.  I will terminate this account if you do not do the right thing!!!!

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for Equipment that I returned to Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Susane138,

Purchasing a new phone should be a fun experience. I apologize if this experience has not been as you expected.  I want to make sure we get this situation resolved for you. I will send you a private message to better assist.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
allmyothermail

Unfortunately they don't  that's why I left them and went to AT&T after 20+ years. They keep changing their policy without training or communications to their people.  No customer loyalty tools to help loyal customers unless your willing to ditch your unlimited data

0 Likes
allmyothermail

bby the way AT&T gave me $600 to bring 4 lines over so don't cancel. Go switch before dropping them then it is done by new carrier you dont even have to ever talk to Verizon again unless you want to set up pmt arrangements with them. That department was very nice and helpful I even told the nice lady if all their support was as good as her I wo not hav left her response was I hear that a lot lately

0 Likes