How to save pictures on icloud?
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

I've got some pictures people have sent me on my Samsung Intensity III. Well I am planning to upgrade to an iphone. I know I can get my contacts switched over cause of the backup assistant, but will this also work with pictures? I think I need to somehow put them on icloud. But how do you do this with a basic phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to save pictures on icloud?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here's what I would do in your shoes - Buy an SD card for $10 or less, and save all the photos and videos on the card.  Then reuse the card, or transfer the files to your computer for later transfer to the new phone (or not, as you like).

I prefer to use any cloud storage other than Verizon's....YMMV

mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

That's where I might be a little clueless. I can connect my current basic phone to my PC with USB cord and transfer the pictures onto the computer. But how will that work if I wanted to transfer from my PC to an iphone. I'm thinking it is not happening because I have a PC.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Move the photos from the old phone to a new file on the computer named "phone photos". Then transfer all the photos to that SD card in a jpeg format and save.  You will then be able to insert that card into your new phone and move the photos as you please. Hope this will help you mws_1984,     Galaxy Class