Why is my Ellipsis 7 displaying eastern time instead of Pacific after yesterday's update?
ultraoliver9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Noticed when "display network time zone" is checked, Eastern is chosen instead of Pacific?!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my Ellipsis 7 displaying eastern time instead of Pacific after yesterday's update?
Sunyday76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is what I did to fix it.  I went to the settings app.  Clicked Date & Time. Clicked Automatic Date & Time, and clicked Use network provided time.  It was on "Use GPS Provided Time" and we all know how well the GPS works on these things.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is my Ellipsis 7 displaying eastern time instead of Pacific after yesterday's update?
catastrofe

I have the same issue, only I'm in central.  Took my Elipses to the local Verizon store and their fix was to manually set the time zone.  I told them that was unacceptable, as I travel and expect the automatic time zone recognition to function properly.

0 Likes
jjm60056

Same issue right after I updated operating system.

0 Likes
WDW66

I too am experiencing this problem with my Elipsis 7. I also agree with previous replies that manual is not sufficient - what got broken in the update?

0 Likes
BEP1952

This is also my experience. I'll be following this discussion in hopes of a solution.

0 Likes
julieharp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have the same issue! Since the update its showing eastern time instead of central! The update itself was already a headache...... This is getting ridiculous! As I said in my earlier post, I pay too much money a month for preventable aggravation!!! I guess since I learned how to fix the update that wouldn't load from reading this forum...... Maybe someone will figure out how we can fix our time!! At&t is calling my name.... And promising to buy out my contract!!! 2 steps closer in one night.... SMH

0 Likes
catastrofe

My issue seems to have resolved itself.  Showing the correct time and time zone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

julieharp,

We do not want to see you go. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the time zone on the tablet after the update. I would like to do a quick test to see if this helps. Please power your tablet on and off. Once it powers up please turn on Flight mode and then turn it off and let us know if the time fixes itself. Please keep us posted.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jjm60056

That seemed to correct my problem.

On Feb 28, 2015 7:36 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great to hear! Be sure to check out http://www.vzw.com/support for additional device resources.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes