I cant seem to delete contacts
cindy2015

My phone has Cloud and Backup Assistant Plus.  After a couple of hours I figured out how to Customize the Contact to Display, which got rid of all of the LinkedIn phone numbers and some other junk, but I have deleted the same contacts from the website and the phone, and every time they all show back up after a sync.  Help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cant seem to delete contacts
Eaglziz4USA

I have had the same problem. If that is still a problem, there may be a resolution. Let me know if you want to try.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

So turn off contact sync with Linkedin...

0 Likes
phayton

I have the same problem .  I took  my phone to the Verizon store in San Luis Obispo , Ca. ------

They  were  at  a  complete  loss  as  to  how  to fix this problem .  I  have  close  to  300

contacts  in  my  phone  and   I  can't  erase  any  of  them . ( and  not  have  them  show  up  again ) 

You  would  think that Verizon !

would have at least one GEEK that could solve this problem .

0 Likes
phayton

What  good  is  this  Question and answer forum ??????????  Does  anybody  ever  get an  ANSWER  ??

Waste  of  my  time !!!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My only fix is to use google to backup contacts, Drive to backup all other cloud content.  The apps, like FB, LI, Twitter, G+ and such contain their own contacts.  In my Google Account settings on my phone I choose the contacts to display and can merge them together into 1 entry.

mama23dogs
Legend

Your contacts are synced from multiple sources.  Facebook, Twitter, yahoo, Google, icloud, etc,   You do not have to sync these sources.  You can delve into settings for each source and turn off the sync, or you can choose within your contacts settings to show only contacts from select sources.

if you don't know how to find the settings, please post your model of phone and where the nuisance contacts are from, if known.  My powers of ESP only extend to my kids and dogs.

masterfx

I have a new Droid MAXX. I was pleased that I could access and transfer all content from my locked up RAZR. However one of my contacts in backup assistant repeated itself 84 times in cloud. How do I delete 83 of them?

Personal Information removed as required by the
Message was edited by Verizon Moderator
0 Likes
deeanjo1

I would like to know the answer to this myself!

0 Likes