Text notification sound not working in conversation window
MissTJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just purchased the Note 4 one week ago and am having text notification sound issues. While texting with a contact, if they reply and I still have the convo window open, the phone doesn't chime or vibrate. I keep missing replies because the phone doesn't notify me of msgs. I was having the same issue for the last few months on my S3, but figured it was just because the phone was old and not working properly. My Note 4 is brand new, so I'm guessing this is an OS problem. Nonetheless, I'd really like a fix as its incredibly annoying to repeatedly miss texts. I'm using the stock messages app, not very messages+.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text notification sound not working in conversation window
MissTJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Typo in last sentence: I'm using the stock messages app, not vzw messages+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MissTJ!

I understand your discontent and apologize for the inconvenience! Based on your description the phone is functioning as designed. Please advise the the led notification light up?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MissTJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

The LED does not light up if I'm in the conversation window and a new text comes through that I don't notice because the phone won't chime to alert me that I got a new message.  How is the phone "functioning as designed" when it isn't chiming or vibrating if I'm texting back and forth with someone and the convo window is open?  My S3 did up until the last update, then suddenly it stopped notifying.  Having to always back out of a convo just so that I can be alerted that a message has come through is getting EXTREMELY cumbersome.  This is a serious design flaw that Samsung/VZW need to fix.

0 Likes
kobicalvert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue.  I was just forced to update my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop, and I find that my phone is not nearly as functional or user friendly anymore.  My biggest gripe is that if I have my text window open and put my phone down, I won't receive any additional audible sounds or notifications of a new text message.  I am missing texts because of this. Verizon, PLEASE help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kobicalvert,

We want to make sure your phone works the way it is supposed to. With the latest update the texting app doesn't send a notification if you have the conversation already open. Closing out when not actively sending a text would be an option for sure. You can also try another text app and see if it works better for you!

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kobicalvert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, can you record my complaint that I think that is a problem? I miss

how the old system worked giving me a notification sound regardless of

whether or not the text messaging window was open. At least give us the

option to enable a notification sound. This isn't an iPhone, it's Android;

we're supposed to have options.

Mitch

On May 17, 2015 10:09 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

mothergoosey

It's 2020 now and I'm still having the same issue. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes