I don't understand why a person who has been with a company for 6 years cant get a simple upgrade can anyone help figure that out?
Reggie8815

I don't understand why a person who has been with a company for 6 years cant get a simple upgrade can anyone help figure that out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I don't understand why a person who has been with a company for 6 years cant get a simple upgrade can anyone help figure that out?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you trying to get an upgrade before you're actually eligible? If that is the case, it doesn't matter if you've been a customer for 6 years or 6 days...if you're not eligible then you're not eligible. Some of your possible options are to pay full retail, do an early edge up (if you are eligible for that option), or buying a phone from some other source to use.

If your situation is something different then it might help to share that. The options may still be the same but it helps to know what exactly the issue is.

Re: I don't understand why a person who has been with a company for 6 years cant get a simple upgrade can anyone help figure that out?
Reggie8815

There's a past due balance but what difference does it make when I'm paying

for it never had this trouble with T-Mobile

0 Likes
Not applicable

If your balance is past due you are NOT paying. That's the point. If you can pay the bill how are you paying for the upgrade?

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Think about it for just a moment...view this from the VZW perspective.  Would you willing extend credit to someone who already owes you and have not shown a pattern of behavior to hold up their end of their financial obligation?  My guess is that you probably wouldn't.  If your account is past due, try clearing up that financial mess before taking on another.  And if T-Mobile is extending credit to someone who has a past due balance with them then they're idiots and such behavior will come back to haunt them...

mama23dogs
Legend

Has anyone explained credit, credit rating and how it effects your ability to get credit in the future?

Not only will Verizon not let you upgrade, but no other carrier will give you a plan or sell you a phone.

0 Likes
ecordell80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon will not let you upgrade unless your balance is $0 or your balance is not past due. I see your frustration as the same has happened to me. I have been a customer for nearly 15 years, if the account past due they just simply will not do it. They don't take anything into consideration based on my experience. Good luck!

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Past due is past due.  What more needs to be taken into consideration?  I wish people would get over this "loyalty" mentality.  Being a loyal customer doesn't grant you any kind of special treatment...nor should it.  VZW provides you a service, you in turn agree to pay for it.  Holding up your end of the deal doesn't mean you should get a pass on anything.  And if my account is past due, the last thing I'd be thinking about is incuring more charges.  Pay for services already rendered before adding additional. 

B33
Legend

Financial Services can help to a point but it's still in the customers corner to pay what is owed but they will work with a customer if said customers calls and ask for it..

0 Likes