Lollipop galaxy s5 update
Nevsdad1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since updating to lollipop a few days ago my battery has been draining very fast, mobile data is spotty in places I've never had issues before, the phone is getting very hot, Wi-Fi is spotty etc. I've cleared the partion cash and after two days nothing has improved.

What can I do to get this fixed?

Re: Lollipop galaxy s5 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nevsdad1,

So sorry to hear that you've had trouble with the Galaxy s5 since the update! Sounds like you had already wiped the cache partition. Is that right? Sorry that did not do the trick. Could you provide us some more details regarding your experience? How fast is the battery draining? When you write that Wi-Fi is spotty do you mean you are loosing your connection at locations that previously maintained the connection?

Let's check a few basic settings. Go to Apps> Settings> Wi-Fi. Press the menu in the top right (3dots) and touch Advanced. Are Always allow scanning on? Is Smart network switch on? If so, remove the checkmark for both. Any change to the trouble with Wi-Fi or battery drain? Go to the Play Store app. Touch the menu in the upper left (3 lines) and select My Apps. Make sure all app updates are installed.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

check to make sure you're in lte/cdma mode, mine switched to gsm.

Keldavey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing similar issues.  I installed the Lollipop update without any errors.  It did take about an hour...seemed to be rather long time.  Afterwards my battery drains very quickly.  It got so hot, even after rebooting and closing out all apps.  I pulled the battery out and that helped with it getting hot, but still drains much faster than before installing Lollipop.  Battery life would last all day and I only charged at night or first thing in morning.  Now I have to charge three times per day.  Phone is slow and sluggish.  This is basic functions as well as third party apps.  Contacts keeps crashing.  All of my apps are up to date.  I have cleared cache.  I tried safe mode and phone is still very slow and sluggish opening contacts, making calls, etc.  I have experienced some wifi issues connecting but when I notice, I reboot and have been able to connect so far.  Please advise what can be done to resolve issues.  Downgrading to previous version is preferred if no fixes are available.  Please advise.

Thank you!

Nevsdad1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have done all of the above... Phone has never been the same since updating to lollipop... Battery draining...text messaging not sending etc.

0 Likes
MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are in the same boat!

0 Likes
Keldavey
Enthusiast - Level 2

My voice mail took about 20 minutes to come through (in full 4G reception) from the time the message was left to when I received the notification.  I use visual voicemail.  I understand that many are experiencing similar issues.  What can we do to help support teams gather information to resolve?  What is work around in the meantime?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done so far Nevsdad1! I have sent you a private message to further assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes