At some point my Samsung galaxy3 phone would display 4G on it. For the last month or so it only displays 3G. IS this a known problem and are there any solutions?
kenbro

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I've reset the phone, removed the battery, etc. and can't get the 4G signal to display. Only showing 3G even when I know there is 4G available

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: At some point my Samsung galaxy3 phone would display 4G on it. For the last month or so it only displays 3G. IS this a known problem and are there any solutions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenbro,

I appreciate you looking that up for me. Certainly the software that is on the phone does not seem to be the cause of this, as it is on the version that it should be. Let's be sure that apps are not interfering with the signal. Please place the phone in Safe Mode and view if your 4G capabilities come back http://vz.to/1v6JZsL

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: At some point my Samsung galaxy3 phone would display 4G on it. For the last month or so it only displays 3G. IS this a known problem and are there any solutions?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi kenbro!

Let's get your 4G back, I'm sorry for this inconvenience! I'm not showing a known issue with this, what's your zip code? Please power off the device, remove the battery and the SIM, and wait 60 seconds. Once that time frame has lapsed, please reattach and power on. Let me know how this goes for you, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
kenbro

Christina -

Zip Code is 14216

Took battery out, removed SIM card and waited a min of 60 sec.

Phone is still only displaying 3G.

Ken

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information kenbro. I know its important to have the most reliable service and fastest speeds. Are you having issues with voice or data? Are you having any service issues inside or outside?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kenbro

Kinquana -

Definitely see a difference with data.

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that displays 4g service >99.5% all of

the time.

Her access to the internet is much quicker than mine.

Based on what I'm seeing, I'm wondering even if my phone is setup for 4G.

Checked my Mobile networks setting vs what see has on her phone and they are

exactly the same.

Only thing different is in the APN type:

Note 4 - default,dun,supl

Galaxy SIII- default,dun (appears that I can't change this)

Her signal strength is (-101dBm 39asu) vs mine (-85dBm 2 asu)

Ken

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting! There could be a few things kenbro. There could be an application or the Ram can be full, causing your phone to run different/ slower than your wife's phone. How much memory do you have left on yours? Please also try clearing memory. http://vz.to/1qBbZDa This link is for the mini, but steps are the same. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

kenbro

I have 9.4GB of free memory.

Could this be as simple as that my phone is no longer programmed for 4G?

Cleared memory, it is a little faster when I access the internet

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenbro,

Great, thanks for checking for us! I am happy to hear your phone is working faster!

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
kenbro

What about the 4G issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenbro,

Apologies for the misunderstanding! It seemed that you were back in business. A phone cannot unprogram itself from using 4G services. What software version is your device currently on http://vz.to/1B2QKQf

0 Likes