911 Calls??
Glunkie

can anyone explain why kids are using 911 calls? is it some kind of incognito or do not trace thing?? thx..confusing and can't get specifics from Verizon!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 911 Calls??
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is this what you mean?-

What happens when a phone controlled with FamilyBase calls 911?

When a controlled phone dials 911, calling restrictions are automatically suspended until the Account Owner reestablishes the settings for that line of service. A free text message is also sent to the Account Owner stating that:

A phone on the account dialed 911

The FamilyBase Controls feature has been suspended and must be reinstated online in My Verizon

When the Account Owner signs in to My Verizon, an alert will appear that contains the mobile number that dialed 911 and an option to Reset FamilyBase Controls. If the Account Owner fails to reset the control, all voice restrictions will remain suspended for that line of service. All voice, messaging and data usage will be billed in accordance with the applicable plan, feature or package.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

View solution in original post

Re: 911  Calls??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glunkie We surely want to provide answers to your questions. What exactly are you referring to with 911 calls? What details have you hear? I haven't heard of what you're referencing.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

Glunkie

Hey, thx for your interest. Basically, I've heard it has something to di w/Iphones where the kids are dialing 911 which stops all data following. I think this is what my granddaughter does so she doesn't go over her amount and/or, doing something that can't be traced. Its very very confusing and I'm trying to reach out and find someone who knows what this is all about!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I searched both Blackberry and iPhone for some sort of 911 data disconnect.  All I found was that dialing 911 called emergency services.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is this what you mean?-

What happens when a phone controlled with FamilyBase calls 911?

When a controlled phone dials 911, calling restrictions are automatically suspended until the Account Owner reestablishes the settings for that line of service. A free text message is also sent to the Account Owner stating that:

A phone on the account dialed 911

The FamilyBase Controls feature has been suspended and must be reinstated online in My Verizon

When the Account Owner signs in to My Verizon, an alert will appear that contains the mobile number that dialed 911 and an option to Reset FamilyBase Controls. If the Account Owner fails to reset the control, all voice restrictions will remain suspended for that line of service. All voice, messaging and data usage will be billed in accordance with the applicable plan, feature or package.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

valquiria
Contributor - Level 1

Wow!! I just learned something new... thanks!

0 Likes