Can I assign different notification sounds to my text messages?
brilpitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I get an email it is the same notification sound as when I get a text. Is there a way to assign different notification sounds to my incoming text messages only? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I assign different notification sounds to my text messages?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, in your text app settings.  If you're using the stock text app, open it and then tap the Menu (the three bars in the upper right-hand corner), then Settings, then Notifications, then Notification Sound and choose your preferred ringtone. 

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, in your text app settings.  If you're using the stock text app, open it and then tap the Menu (the three bars in the upper right-hand corner), then Settings, then Notifications, then Notification Sound and choose your preferred ringtone. 

brilpitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

My menu button is on the upper left corner, I don't see notification sound, Is this the way to do it on a galaxy s5?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're using the stock text app on a Galaxy S5, the app looks like a white envelope with a yellow letter coming out of the top.  Follow the instructions in the earlier post (although I just noticed a typo; the Menu button is the three dots in the upper right-hand corner).

If you're using Verizon Messages, the app is red with two white text bubbles on it.  Open it, tap the Menu button (the three bars in the upper left-hand corner), tap Tones, then choose your notification tone.