Add-on data plan not activating
cneck

I recently added 3 GBs of data for $20 to my prepaid monthly account for my iPhone 4. I received a confirmation text from Verizon saying that the data has been activated but it has not yet. My account balances are up to date so it is now a money issue. Why hasn't it been activated yet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Add-on data plan not activating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get all of the answers to your prepaid questions. Our prepay team also has a direct community forum that can be found here

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/wireless_services/prepay-1

You can also check out vzw.com/prepay or call 888.294.6804 for questions about prepay services, MDJ101991.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cneck We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your prepaid service. When did you receive the confirmation text? What happened when you reached to our prepaid team?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
graceogno

I'm having the same issue. I added on 500MB of data to my plan because I ran out but it isn't working. I did it at 8:00 yesterday morning and got a text saying I successfully added the data but it still isn't active.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Graceogno-

Having enough data is important.  We apologize for any trouble you may be experiencing.  Have you logged into your Verizon account recently to check if upgrade to data plan is reflected?  Is this for a prepaid account?  We don't have access to prepaid accounts, but you can contact our prepaid department at 1-888-294-6804 for additional support.

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vkirkp1

I'm having many of the same issues. I got this prepaid phone a few months ago because I wanted the better coverage of Verizon's network instead of T-Mobile. Only downfall is, I've spent an arm and a leg just to keep a working phone! I bought a $45 prepaid card from Walmart and activated it in the parking lot. When I started the phone, it asked for a credit card number to input for billing (AFTER I had already entered the code from the prepaid card I just purchased). Verizon then billed my credit card for $45 on top of the $45 I had just bought from Walmart minutes before. I called the number on the back of the prepaid card purchased from Walmart and it said it had already been activated and had no balance remaining....huh?! So I spent $90 on one month of service?! I called, tried to get it resolved and, of course, no one was of absolutely any help (that "live chat" service you provide is both terrible in that it disconnects and the "customer service representatives" are just down right RUDE!!) So I say "whatever" and move on. Within two weeks, I'm out of data (shocker I know). I added 3G of data online for $20. It went through fine but then within days said I was out of data again. WHAT?! So now I have so spend ANOTHER $20 on top of the $110 I've already spent for one month of service when the previous day I had over half my data left? That makes sense, right?!....

Already angry, I go online to buy more data when I come to find you can not purchase more data unless you renew your plan for another month! HHHMMMM! So even though I had 10 days remaining on my "unlimited talk/text" I did not have the option to add data for that 10 days until I renew my bill. So, that's what I did. Another $45 for a "month". In another 2 weeks, I'm out of data again. But this time I don't have the option to buy more data, only to renew my plan, again. So all in all, I have paid my "monthly" bill SIX times for LESS THAN THREE MONTHS!!! SIX!! Every time I log on it appears yet again that I have ZERO balance on my bill and no data. I am BEYOND frustrated, furious, and aggravated. I am done throwing my money at Verizon for nothing! After almost $500 in three months for a prepaid phone (already BOGUS!), I STILL have 10 days left on my bill and no way to add more data (clicked "add more data" this morning, confirmed, and the screen said "...could take up to 15 minutes to activate" or whatever. Then an hour later, still nothing. Go on to the website, and the option to buy more data is now gone. Nothing appears but "add more funds". NO! I'm not adding more funds to my plan that doesn't expire for 10 more days! I don't need "funds" I need DATA!)

In short, Verizon is hands down the worst company I've ever personally had the displeasure of dealing with. Their customer support is awful and rude, their prepaid phone plans/data are somehow not tracked by Verizon (you have to call a separate number to speak to anyone), their prices are just ridiculous, and OH YEAH, they literally STEAL your money from beneath your feet. I already had to file a claim with the BBB about 5 years ago for some outlandish claim that we owe them $10,000 for data! EXCUSE ME?! $10,000 for something intangible that we never used !!!!! Sorry, I don't have that kind of money to pay on a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] cell phone!!! Thanks for nothing Verizon, you have made me mad, angry, and disappointed all at once. There are a TON more cell phone companies that treat their customers with actual respect. This treatment, however, is just uncalled for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vkirkp1, we don't want you to feel any more remorse about joining our wireless network. Please call our prepaid customer service department at 888-294-6804 to further assist and ensure that all of your concerns are addressed.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm not sure why you had so much trouble here.  I pay $45 a month and autopay, so I have 2GB base every month.  I haven't needed to add on more data yet.  When someone gets above the 4GB per month level, a postpaid account might be best because any Verizon phone, as long as it isn't locked-to-prepaid (service length restrictions) phone can be used, even a 3rd party reseller phone, with Prepaid.  I am using my out of contract G2 currently on Prepaid.  Yes, adding data at $20 for 90 days (3GB) can be useful to those who just go over 2GB regularly (or those who don't auto-pay and go over 1GB.)  However, the $45 payment monthly is for active service.  You can still make calls and send texts, as long as you are not roaming (if there is money in the account, roaming is .20 SMS, .20 min, and .25 MMS...if no money in account then the call or text cannot be made.)  Data is the only limited feature of the plan.  Perhaps you can adjust use of the phone, it's apps, and your connections.  To be fair, I have never used a refill card.  I activated right away over the phone and took advantage of a port in credit for one free month.

0 Likes
MDJ101991

I get the same text on two phones I have sometimes I can't make phone calls. I don't know where my money is going even when it texted me that my stuff is active

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get all of the answers to your prepaid questions. Our prepay team also has a direct community forum that can be found here

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/wireless_services/prepay-1

You can also check out vzw.com/prepay or call 888.294.6804 for questions about prepay services, MDJ101991.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes