Unlimited Data Plans
Wizorm007

I have an unlimited data plan in which I have had for as long as verizon has had broadband cards. I want to upgrage my 3G device to a 4G device without loosing my unlimited data plan. How can I do this????

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited Data Plans
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

All 4G LTE mobile broadband devices on Verizon Wireless require a tiered data plan. The old unlimited mobile broadband Internet plan can't be grandfathered in switching from a 3G EDVO device to 4G LTE devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

It is not possible, their 4G data only plans are all tiered.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you tried to swap the Sims and on an unlimited data plan it'll replace it with a $30 2GB plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

All 4G LTE mobile broadband devices on Verizon Wireless require a tiered data plan. The old unlimited mobile broadband Internet plan can't be grandfathered in switching from a 3G EDVO device to 4G LTE devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Snn5
Legend

To be clear, are we talking a basic 3G capable phone to a 4G smartphone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP indicated they have a broadband card. This is a USB modem or mifi device. The mobile broadband data plan is completely different from the smartphone data plan. This includes the unlimited versions of those data plans.

So no we are not discussing basic phones or smartphones of either the 3G EDVO or 4G LTE variety.

0 Likes
Wizorm007

No a 3G broadband card to a 4G broadband card.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Faithful_Customer
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I specifically asked this question by a Verizon Rep then why was I told that my plan would NOT change.  You mean the Verizon Rep lied to me?

Snn5
Legend

That DOES happen from time to time.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

In a sense he didn't lie. The data "plan" is actually a FEATURE add-on. The voice plan is actually the "plan". Sometimes it more about how you ask the question than the answer to the question

0 Likes