lg g2 screen freeze
JpHertel

I just got am LG g2 last week. I have been noticing that the screen freezes up about 40% of the time when the charger cord is plugged in. About 70% of the time cord plugged in and on the settings screen, and almost all of the time in the mobile data section of the settings tab (again only when plugged into the charger cable). If I unplug the cord, the screen starts working. As this is not a brand new product, does anyone know what the fix is for this, because it makes it real hard to use in the car on the charger cable.

Thanks, Jeff. Starting to wish I stuck with my basic non-smart phone, it always worked right up to the end.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg g2 screen freeze
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let get to the bottom of your equipment concerns JpHertel. Is there any physical or water damage to the device? Was this a previously owned phone? Have you downloaded any new applications to the device?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
JpHertel

Brand new lg g2, never around water, only had it 5 days so far. Yes I have added some apps, but this was issue before I loaded anything other than the stock install. I can reproduce by going to settings -> mobile data, plug phone in and screen freezes, unplug phone and screen starts working. It also happens happens if I go to the help app and user manual (same process). This mostly occurs on the settings app. also note: the only apps I have loaded are the same apps I use on my Samsung note 8 and have been for a while now with no issues. Both devices are running kit kat

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it JpHertel, we'll get the device up and running! Are you using the standard charger or a 3rd party? Have you tried to connect more than one charger?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @ VZWSupport

0 Likes
JpHertel

I have been using the charger that the Verizon store sold to me as part of the start up package. I can try it with the one that came with the phone tonight and update this evening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see! I appreciate you sharing that info, JpHertel. And yes, it's a great idea to test the device with its original charger. Please do let us know how it goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
JpHertel

Same problem with 2 different chargers. Sales rep at Verizon store said it is still within 14 day and I might just have gotten a bad one, but lets give one more thing a try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying, JpHertel! Again, we look forward to hearing back from you on how the device replacement goes. Good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes