How do I receive a picture message after the notification to download disappeared?
wanderafar

I received a notification of a text msg not received. I was expecting to receive a photo from someone, so I knew I would have to download it. I clicked on the wrong thing and the notification disappeared. Now there is nothing for me to click on to download this message, and I don't see anything showing about a failed message. How do I retrieve this? Device is a Droid Razr M.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I receive a picture message after the notification to download disappeared?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm. That is odd, wanderafar! Is this the first time that this happened? Were you able to receive picture messages after? Go to settings>about>memory and check the available memory in device. Can you send picture messages okay? Also do you happen to have a memory card in device? Share details so that we can help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How do I receive a picture message after the notification to download disappeared?
wanderafar

LenaA_VZW, I actually ended up chatting with someone from Verizon support about this the other day and we weren't able to resolve it. We checked the available memory, and actually I had recently deleted 300+ photos and some apps so I should be ok on that end. I don't think I have a memory card in the phone. In the 2 years I have had this phone, I have never been able to send photos, but I was always able to receive them. Oddly enough, I was able to send a photo when we were troubleshooting the other day, but I wasn't able to receive. She had me put my phone in safe mode and she tried to send me a photo in safe mode, but it still didn't work. In the end, the last option she had for me to try was to backup my phone and then do a complete reset, but I didn't want to try that yet as I didn't want to risk losing anything. It would be nice if I could resolve this, but I'm planning to upgrade to a new phone probably in about 6 months, so if I have to just deal with not being able to receive picture texts until then, I will. If you have any suggestions or ideas of what could fix this though, I definitely will try!

0 Likes
chrisl514

The same thing has been happening to me.

In the status bar there's a flag icon with a + in it. When I swipe down to show the list of alerts, it says that a message didn't download properly and to touch to continue download. I get nothing. There's an indicator on my message APP icon that indicates I have 1 unread message, but I can't find it. I don't know who sent the message so I can't request a resend.

I can send pictures. I have a memory card in the device. I'm using data rather than wireless. Good signal. I have 2.38GB available on my phone and 3.34GB available on my memory card.

How can I retrieve this message?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets take a deeper dive into the issue, Chrisl514. May I ask which message application you're using as the default? ( Messages, Message or Hangouts)

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chrisl514

I'm using "Messaging". It's the app that was preinstalled on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information wanderafar. I know this is frustrating. Have you also deleted some of your old pictures and text messaging threads you no longer need? I would also try resetting the network settings on your phone. Keep us posted.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport 

0 Likes
wanderafar

Hi Kinquana, yes I had already deleted most of my photos, apps, and text messages the week before. I don't think I reset any of my settings, because after more than an hour of trying different things with someone in a Verizon chat, she wanted me to back everything up and reset the whole phone, but I just don't really want to do that right now. I'm extremely prone to bad luck and I'm too busy with work right now to have my phone completely die on me or to lose any vital information. I will probably have to replace my phone this summer anyway, so I'm just going to wait until then, and hopefully it will work on my new phone. Thank you very much for your help anyway. Hopefully resetting will work for anyone else with this problem.

0 Likes