How do I set up voice mail on my iPhone 6?
philo66

I recently bought the iphone 6 after I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4. On the Galaxy I had a voicemail app called Phone Fusion. I recently deactivated my account with that. However, I am unable to receive voicemail on my iphone 6. When people call my number and try to leave a voicemail a message says that this number is not in service Message MI801. Help. What do I do? I set up my greeting on my phone. I can't receive voicemail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having issues setting up voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

philo66,

That is definitely an odd issue to have! The way most 3rd party apps work, is that they have your calls forwarded to their specific system. Let's be sure you have call forwarding deactivated. Please dial *73(send) and you will hear a series of tones. Once that is done, please test your voicemail box to be sure it is routing correctly.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

philo66,

That is definitely an odd issue to have! The way most 3rd party apps work, is that they have your calls forwarded to their specific system. Let's be sure you have call forwarding deactivated. Please dial *73(send) and you will hear a series of tones. Once that is done, please test your voicemail box to be sure it is routing correctly.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
philo66

That worked!! Thank you!!

0 Likes