Why haven't you updated the Sony Xperia v2 tablet to Android 4.4.4?
Christojojo

The update for the Sony tablet has been out since late October early November but my tablet still cant receive the update via your  update service! Why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why haven't you updated the Sony Xperia v2 tablet to Android 4.4.4?
Christojojo

It's the sgp561

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always working with the manufacturers and operating system developers to bring you a great update, Christojojo. Based on the model you provided, I see you have the Sony Mobile Xperia Z2 Tablet. There hasn't been an update from Sony or Google on that device with us since the end of July. You can double check that you have the latest update (17.1.D.0.437) by going to Settings > About Tablet > Build Number. When anything new arrives, the update details will be at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/xperia-z2-update/. Please let us know if you need any help with the tablet in the meantime.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
XboxMe

Sony support website points latest firmware for the non-wifi version of the Z2 Tab with Android 4.4 only.

Next scheduled Android is 5.0.

0 Likes
Abradax

Yeah.  I'm about done with Verizon.  Last to get updates, locked bootloader, and odd hybrid devices that carry the same name but don't work with the accessories for said device. 

I have an xperia z2 tablet that I can't update using Sony`s app, can't install aosp based rooms because even though Sony allows it, Verizon won't let me unlock the bootloader.

My z3 can't use the z3 Dock nor the z3 flip cover because though it carries the z3 name, it is a reworked z2.

But at least my devices ship with tons of bloatware I can't remove.

0 Likes
slimsilver1

Very frustrating! Purchased this sgp561 experia z2 tablet based on the verzion sales rep telling me that it now has Sony ps4 remote play. The only reason I purchased it. Well as you may know you need 4.4.4 update and mine through verzion is a 4.4.2. I have spent a entire day off trying to get this resolved in the store and on the phone with verzion tech support and still have the same issue. I was finally told by verzion to contact Sony because they have not released the update for my tablet yet and they were releasing the update in groups. So I could just continue to wait or call Sony and find out when exactly I would receive my update, but Sony will soon be releasing. When contacting Sony I was told they do not do updates for verzion tablets and all other z2 tablets have all received the update.I questioned this again and again was told Sony will not be sending any type of update for the verzion sgp561. This tablet is verzion specific and all updates are controlled by verzion. My question is then why are sales reps selling this tablet based on the remote play and why is it advertised as such? Looking for answers! Will I be able to get this update on my tablet or not? Someone somewhere must have some insight because so far it seems verzion is in the dark as much as I am. As for now this thing is as useful to me as a paper weight!

0 Likes
Abradax

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an update.

Verizon is notorious for slow updates, and Sony seems to not care about the Z2 any longer.  You'd figure a flagship device would have excellent support, but I guess being released in April, the device is old already.  The one remedy we do have, rooting and installing a custom rom like CM is out of the question since Verizon and Sony worked so dilligenty to lock our boot loader and denies us the ability to install serviceable software without Verizon bloat all over our device.

Sony says that the Z2 tablet should be upgraded to 5.0 someday, but it doesn't seem like we are going to get the .4 incremental update.  So no remote play, no dualshock 4 syncing.... on a native Xperia flagship device.  That is swell.

0 Likes
Abradax

Latest Z2 update is 5.0.2 and 5.1 is launching now.

Still chugging along on 4.x

0 Likes
hazardousbull

Sony says Lollipop should be released. Master Verizon says no.

0 Likes