galaxy s5 speakerphone volume is low
joe68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my Galaxy S5 since last May/June and love everything about it. But on December  20th, 2014 I noticed  that when I try to use the speakerphone on a phone call, the volume  suddenly was barely percievable at all.  I have never had any issues like this before.  I have tried all the obvious fixes and nothing works.  It wasn't water damaged either.  Up until now, I used the speaker phone function  all the time and it worked fine.  I know the speaker itself is fine, because when I play music, the volume and sound quality is perfect.  This leads me to believe that it is a software issue. 

I did a quick Google search on the issue and only one other person posted about having this same issue right here on the Verizon disscussion boards.  Granted, I only sifted through the first few pages of Google results.  

Anyone out there having this issue?

Labels (1)
Re: galaxy s5 speakerphone volume is low
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joe6, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Did you recently retrieve a software update on that device? Have you powered your device off/on since having this issue?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
R_L_K_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received and installed the latest Verizon S5 Update last night , since then my speaker volume is very very low as well , also the caller or received caller on the other end is hearing side tone of themselves...

elisa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same issue since I updated this morning 12/24/14. Very low volume while on calls. The speaker is at its max. After first couple of calls tried using speaker phone. Caller on other end just heard themselves echo. Now while speaker phone can't hear anything.

I thought  it  was just my phone. Talking to my sister who has s5 did update the day prior is having same issues.

Is there a way to go back to old software with out factory reseting phone?

OmarSr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  Virtually no speakerphone after the 4.4.4 update of my S5 yesterday.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, a factory reset will only give a clean version of the current OS version. Samsung wrote the code to not allow software rollbacks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
R_L_K_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe my phone is useless on Christmas day due to a Verizon /

Samsung update ... I can't hear on my end speaker phone or not and the

other end is jobbled sidetone of themselves !

Very disappointing.

Foilman1

I have the identical issue.  Did Android update at 11am on Tues, Dec 23 on my S5.  Shortly thereafter, speakerphone did not seem to work.  That is, I could not tell the difference in speaker volume whether or not I turned on the speakerphone.  Also, callers kept telling me that whatever they said was echoed back.  Originally, I thought that my phone had a hardware problem.  Only the next day did I think that the problem might be connected to the latest Android update.

I have a hearing problem and use the speakphone almost all the time. Without the speaker working for telephone calls, my phone is almost useless.

Summary:

(1) Speakphone not working - at least not with usable volume

(2) When speakphone is turned "on" (and only when the speakerphone is "on") callers have everything they say echoed back to them loudly enough to make them want to end the call immediately.

When is VZW going to do something to make our S5s usable again?

0 Likes
R_L_K_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally ! I think Verizon has rectified our speaker phone / echoing

problem .

I spoke to VZW customers care line and was told the problem should be fixed

NOW , and all I had to do is turn my phone off for a few mins ( I did 20

min) and back on .

Now everything seems fine ... thanks VZW!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

0 Likes
joe68
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem started for me before the latest software update came out.  I had tried turning my phone on and off on the day it happend but it did not remedy it.  I downloaded the software  update yesterday and it didn't fix it either.  However, I did, just now power on and off again and it seems to work alright now.  It's a Christmas Miracle!!!!