2013 Moto X Lollipop.
brandendpearce

Any news on the 2013 Moto X getting Lollipop yet?

0 Likes
Re: 2013 Moto X Lollipop.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing official has been announced yet regarding when it will be released.

0 Likes
brandendpearce

Are there even any rumors?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Of course there are.     I've seen some say the end of the year, but that's rapidly approaching.  Others say early 2015.  You can check the Motorola site and keep an eye out here on the forum for updates.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

CLaFarge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suffering same affliction... any news on MotoX (2013) Lollipop?

0 Likes
bfolch01

When I bought my 2013 Moto X one of the selling points for me was this was a "flagship phone" and would be on the "fast track" for updates since it had a more pure version of the Android OS.  I think we can all agree that was a bold face lie.  Motorola typically makes a solid phone, but by having so many different models, with apparently such different hardware components that it is difficult to make an OS work with all your phones, you're screwing yourself.  Corrections, you're screwing you customers!  You may want to take a page from the iPhone playbook and not have such radically different hardware (chipsets, processors, etc.) options, and just offer different software features or screen sizes if you want to offer so many different devices.

Sincerely,

Very Frustrated Moto X owner

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Bfolch01,

Software updates are exciting! We have no info on the nest update or the Moto X. Keep checking our software release page for updates http://vz.to/1z8kGDU .

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I prefer my Moto X 2013 model running Android 4.4.4 KitKat just as it is. The tech sites are reporting Motorola is working on Lollipop update for the 2013 model. With Google keep releasing maintenance and bug fixes for the Stock Android version, Motorola is likely holding off releasing anything until the base OS is more stable and Motorola can incorporate those changes in the version for the Moto X. Last I heard, they were looking at the Android 5.1 version as the build version slated for the Moto X. I had enough issues with Lollipop on my tablet that I glad Motorola is taking their time to get it RIGHT.

Now I'm out of here...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tomw3141
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do announcements of software updates appear on that page? It looks like a generic page for any phone and happens to have Moto X at the top.

0 Likes
bfolch01

I solved my Moto X/Lollipop problem and bought an iPhone 6!  Love the phone and I am sure when they release iOS9 later this year, it will work with both of the current iPhones.  Actually, it sounds like it will work with the 4S or newer....what a concept...Android should consider that!  Oh yeah, that would be too hard because there are so many Android devices out there. Good luck with that Lollipoop update guys!

0 Likes