Samsung Galaxy 3 charging issues!
stennille

I wish Samsung or Verizon would do a recall on these phones for the charging issues.  Our second one of these and a replaced battery and still not holding charge.  And yes we are using the samsung chargers we bought at the store from Verizon.  I have tried everything except a hard reset.  I have tons of pics I don't want to lose yet.  Any help would be great we have had these only a little over a year. 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy 3 charging issues!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to see you lose any of your priceless pictures, stennille. Are you getting an error message when you try to charge the phone? How long does a full charge generally last?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
dazerrai

my phone wont charge at all it just stopped it was charging one second then it wasnt

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dazerrai,

Lets locate your missing charge! Have you tried using another charger or a different charging socket? When plug the charger into the deivce does any lights or screen icon appear? Has there been any liquid or damage to the device?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Carolineisbroke

What if I've tried everything and it still won't charge nor will it hold a charge? What happens next? I've never been so disappointed in a phone before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to be dissappointed in your phone Carolineisbroke. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns.  What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? When did you purchase the device?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tjsolar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Did your S3 originally come with the Jelly Bean version of the operating system?  If so did Verizon force you into the KitKat version of the operating system?  There have been major problems with the S3 and the KitKat operating system update and charging. Does your percent of charge icon next to the time in upper right info bar has a RED X covering it while you attempt to charge? This is an issue with KitKat and not your phone. Google put out a Verizon version of KitKat that doesn't like most chargers that aren't original Verizon equipment. Also the USB to Micro USB charging cord can also make a difference. I have studied this issue for quite sometime. Verizon will not acknowledge the issue. They just make excuses. Took me 12 different external battery pack to finaly find one that works properly.  Go to Best Buy and get this brand "myCharge" they work perfectly and for a great price. No RED X charging issue and can charge phone and battery at same time. The Kit Kat forces your charging equipment to have what's called through put like I can charge my battery pack while it charges phone at same time. Let me know exactly what the percentage icon in upper right hand corner looks like when you plug the charger cord into phone?  I have a

Electrical/Electronics Engineering Degree and I know my shit for lack of a better word.

Good Luck

0 Likes