Droid Turbo won't send videos!!!
jenholmesboise1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone will not even allow me to send a 5 second video via text message. Have changed resolution restarted the phone tried attaching when in message and sharing while in gallery nothing works! Need help on what to do?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo won't send videos!!!
AZSALUKI
Legend

jenholmesboise1 wrote:

I also noticed if you go in the message hit the plus sign and record video it will send. As the video isn't in the HD. If I record from the camera and try to share it won't share to anything? Does that sound right? What is the point of HD video recording If you can't share it?

this is exactly why. HD videos are huge files. you can't send them via mms or even email (email will work with extremely short video clips on some servers). the reason you can record and send from within the messaging app is because it will record in in a much smaller file size, but obviously poor resolution. your options are 1) to do it this way (record it from within the messaging app) 2) use youtube or dropbox or something....where you record the video at high resolution and then upload the video to youtube, dropbox, google drive, etc, etc....and then message the link to the video to the other person, or 3) use a video compression app. i have used "video converter android." you can take any video and then compress it. it's a fairly complex app, but i figured out how to shrink a video after playing with the app for a bit. you can set the resolution you want, or the file size, or the length, or whatever. you can play around with a video until you shrink it to a size that can be emailed or sent via mms. this is a good alternative to send a video that you've already taken. it's easier though, to send one by taking the video from within the messaging app.

all of that being said, i believe the best way to do it is to shoot the video in hd and upload it somewhere that you can create a link to. this is the ONLY way to share high quality or lengthy videos. i typically use dropbox. every picture and video i take is set to automatically upload to my dropbox account. i can go in to dropbox and find any video i'd like to share and create a link to just that specific file. i then text that link to the person i want to share it with. they get the text and can download the video.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Which messaging app are you using?

0 Likes
jenholmesboise1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon one not the factory stock sms

0 Likes
jenholmesboise1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband has the same phone and uses the same Verizon messages. He is able to send 30 second videos. We cant find the differences in settings on either phone

0 Likes
Not applicable

Is this something that worked, but now doesn't or it never worked to begin with? You do have mobile data on right?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are ya trying to send using the Network or Wi-Fi.?   if  Wi-Fi switch back to the Network and it might help to check and see if your Turbo has the latest update there is one available now..

0 Likes
jenholmesboise1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the first time I've tried it I've had the phone for a week. I'm not on WiFi I'm showing full bars on the 4g. I'm checking the settings for mobile data now

0 Likes
jenholmesboise1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've checked and mobile data is on. Pictures will send but not any video.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K to find updates look in your settings >> about phone and on top of the list it should show System Updates tap to see if one is there for ya..

0 Likes
jenholmesboise1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also noticed if you go in the message hit the plus sign and record video it will send. As the video isn't in the HD. If I record from the camera and try to share it won't share to anything? Does that sound right? What is the point of HD video recording If you can't share it?

0 Likes