How can I use Messages app on non-Verizon phone?
Semaj77

Hi. I have two phones: A VZW personal phone and a T-Mobile phone from my employer. I wish to carry only one device when I'm at work (my T-Mobile work phone) but I wish to be able to get texts from my personal VZW number on that phone. I know I can't forward texts, so I installed the Verizon Messages Android app on my work phone, but I can't set it up with my VZW number (I figured it should work because I was able set it up on my tablet at home and it works fine there).

After I install the app on the non-Verizon phone, I open it and I get a screen asking me if I want to use the app for my default messaging app. If I click no, the app closes without giving me a chance to set it up with my personal account like it did when I installed it on my tablet.

I also noticed after I installed it, it's called Messages+ instead of Messages. Are they the same thing?

0 Likes
Re: How can I use Messages app on non-Verizon phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to be able to access your messages from your Verizon Wireless device, Semaj77. If you do select to set the application as your default messaging application, are you given the option to login with your credentials?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought the OP wanted to access Verizon Messages from a NON Verizon phone aka a another carrier's phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Semaj77

Thank you for replying AndreaS. No, If I choose to use Verizon Messages as my default app, there is no option (that I could find) to enter my Verizon credentials, no accounts in the settings menu. (When I installed the app on my tablet, it did ask for my credentials, as expected.) I was hoping I could get the same behavior when installing on the T-Mobile phone. So my personal (VZW) texts aren't coming through.

0 Likes
brandt6264

Hi, has this been resolved? I am in a very similar situation and need the app to work on my new Sprint LG G3 exactly the way it operated on my Sprint iPhone 5S. Here is how it worked on my Sprint iPhone: downloaded the VZ Messages app, followed the prompts to tie it into my work Verizon Galaxy S5 number, and started to receive texts sent to my S5 on my iPhone but in the separate VZ Messages app and not in the native iPhone messages app.

But when I install the VZ Messages app on my Sprint LG G3, it only asks if I want to "Change default message app? Use Message+ instead of Messaging as your default message application?" That is not what I want so I tap "Cancel" and the app closes. I am not prompted with the opportunity to tie it to my Verizon S5 number like I was on the iPhone. The ability to have the VZ Messages app on my Sprint LG G3 along side the native G3 messaging app, the exact same way it worked on my Sprint iPhone, is very important and the whole reason I switched from AT&T to Verizon for my work phone.

0 Likes
Zerosumgame2357

I am hoping there has been a solution to this problem. I am in the same boat

0 Likes