i was never told to give in my old phone for edge!!!!
mike203

So i feel like i got the runaround. Bought an iphone 5 in december 2012 and was told if i do early edge i could get a 6+ a month early. Went through everything ordered it over the phone and all that. Phone arrives and it comes with a return sticker to send them my "old edge phone". I was never on edge before, that phone was paid off, and now theyre telling me i will owe 300 dollars if i dont send them my iphone 5? I am not happy about this, at no point was i ever told i need to send them my old phone. Im paying full price over 20 months for the iphone 6+ so why exactly am i supposed to give them my old phone??????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i was never told to give in my old phone for edge!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In exchange for the Early Edge option, you must turn in your current/old phone that was active on the line you purchased the iPhone 6+ for. If you waited until your contract for the iPhone 5 was completed then you could have kept the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 also has to be in good working order and no physical damage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In exchange for the Early Edge option, you must turn in your current/old phone that was active on the line you purchased the iPhone 6+ for. If you waited until your contract for the iPhone 5 was completed then you could have kept the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 also has to be in good working order and no physical damage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

If you enter into an Edge agreement while still under contract, i.e. Early Edge, you have to return the phone you purchased on contract. This is because you had not yet fulfilled the terms of your contract. If you would have waited until you had completed your contract, you would not have had to do so.

You say "that phone was paid off" but really it wasn't. If you are under contract it is because you received a subsidy when purchasing that phone. Part of paying it off was to complete your contract. You have yet to do so and THAT is why you need to return it. If you are still within 14 days of purchasing your new iPhone 6+, you can return it and pay the $35 restocking fee. That way you can keep your old phone and purchase a new one once you complete your contract.Smiley Happy

NicoleBehn0131
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes; just got off a five month battle over this.  To the point; where after 12 years with Verizon; I will never upgrade again with the and am stuck in the edge for another 2 years on all 4 of your phones in the family plan.  I was told I didn't need to return an iphone 4 I bought for my daughter at the apple store and activated under contract when I upgraded all of our phones early under the edge program at Xmas last year.  5 months later and calls to the apple store to verify purchasing the phone at full price; I am now told it didn't matter and the early edge requires the phone sent back no matter where and how you purchased it.  Even after listening the phone call with the rep. telling me initially I didn't need to send it back.  So frustrated and would have used my traditional upgrade I had on the line had I known that and now $299.00 later and 12 years of being a customer; I will no longer be after this edge contract is up.  Cannot express how disappointed the customer service is on explaining this plan properly and treating customers afterwards.....  Truly long term good customers.  One month of my contract alone is the $299.00 un-returned equipment fee x 12 months.  Wow; really worth it to lose a customer over that.