Note 4 significant Bluetooth connectivity issues
emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using my previous Note 3, my Bluetooth has worked flawlessly with my 2013 Subaru Impreza factory car stereo.  Now, however, the Bluetooth must be manually reconnected each time I get in the car.  The device remains, but the "call audio" and "media audio" never remain check marked.

Taking a look at XDA-Developer forums and Android Central, etc... there are many people complaining about Bluetooth issues.

For some, they cannot get album information, and for others, they cannot maintain a connection.  It looks like a glitch with the new Bluetooth 4.1 standard.

For those, like me, with car stereo problems, it isn't only factory head units that are having the problem, but all across the board.

How can we get word to both Verizon and Samsung that there is a definite Bluetooth problem with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 4 significant Bluetooth connectivity issues
calvinroks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally have information (but not a fix) as to why my Note 4 is having bluetooth connection problems on my 2014 Nissan Altima.  The Nissan bluetooth department told me that it's a known Samsung issue that they're working on.  Apparently, the Note 4 and Edge all use the newest AVCRP 1.5, which nobody else uses yet. Nissan told me that they were told my Samsung, that in their next update, they're going to revert the phones back to AVCRP 1.3, which is the standard in the industry.  I don't know when that will happen, but at least I know why now.  I have no idea what AVCRP is, by the way.  I'm just relaying the info from bluetooth support.

View solution in original post

QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

I haven't had connectivity issues but I have noticed that sometimes the audio/call quality of the call messes very badly to the point where you cant understand the conversation at all I will have to disconnect the call. When I tried a different bluetooth I had the same problem. I've had same two headsets with Note 3 and had no problems. The need to correct this ASAP!

0 Likes
BTernes

I also have this issue. I switched from an iPhone where I never had issues with my car stereo bluetooth, until I tried the Note 4. The call audio is horrible. It breaks up every 2 seconds. I tried a different bluetooth device and same issue. I even updated the firmware on my Kenwood radio. I can listen to music through bluetooth with no issues and it sounds wonderful. I use my bluetooth calling daily and am sad that the quality is so bad. I do hope this can be fixed ASAP. I will try to submit to samsung and see what they may do.

0 Likes
justcrusin

I am also having the same issue.  The Bluetooth initially pairs, but then it does not connect automatically.  Came from an iPhone without any issues.

2012 Hyundai Sonata.

0 Likes
emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's something else!

I started using Next Launcher 3D for my everyday launcher and now, when I unlock the screen (still the stock unlock with swipe-to-unlock) it will disconnect my Bluetooth midstream!  Then, after a few seconds, it will reconnect automatically to the stereo and keep streaming.  So, once connected to BT, and an active stream is playing, it will reconnect fine.  As soon as the car is switched off, then the BT goes back to manual.

0 Likes
BTernes

I contacted Samsung and they said to get a Samsung bluetooth to see if it

still has an issue and if it does to do a soft reset. So no help. Bluetooth

has standards. Should all work the same. Hopefully enough people will start

complaining to make them listen.

Brenda Ternes

0 Likes
cceller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue. I came from a Note 3 which worked perfectly. Note 4 pairs and every time I enter the car after I get a pairing failed message (Hyundai).

0 Likes
jdbrown72

Same problem. I came from a Droid Maxx which worked with my 2014 Accord's Bluetooth perfectly. Now with my Note 4, it connects but album/song info doesn't display and phone calls most of the time won't come thru the car's audio.  I like everything else about the Note 4, but this is becoming annoying on the verge of being a deal breaker.

0 Likes
calvinroks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally have information (but not a fix) as to why my Note 4 is having bluetooth connection problems on my 2014 Nissan Altima.  The Nissan bluetooth department told me that it's a known Samsung issue that they're working on.  Apparently, the Note 4 and Edge all use the newest AVCRP 1.5, which nobody else uses yet. Nissan told me that they were told my Samsung, that in their next update, they're going to revert the phones back to AVCRP 1.3, which is the standard in the industry.  I don't know when that will happen, but at least I know why now.  I have no idea what AVCRP is, by the way.  I'm just relaying the info from bluetooth support.

johnboy813

Also, if the screen is locked you cannot initiate a Bluetooth call, you can receive one but not initiate one.  And I cannot just turn on my headset and have it connect, I have to go into the Bluetooth settings and tap the headset name to get it to connect. Very frustrating phone.

0 Likes