Traveling internationally, I have a global data plan but was under the impression that if my hotel had WiFi I could use it without depleting my global data plan allowance of 100MB. However, when I started viewing some online videos, I notice that my 100M
GMG001

Traveling internationally, I have a global data plan but was under the impression that if my hotel had WiFi I could use it without depleting my global data plan allowance of 100MB. However, when I started viewing some online videos, I  notice that my 100MB data allowance was being used. Can I truly use WiFi outside the US without depleting my 100MB allowance?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Traveling internationally, I have a global data plan but was under the impression that if my hotel had WiFi I could use it without depleting my global data plan allowance of 100MB. However, when I started viewing some online videos, I notice that my
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can certainly use WiFi outside the USA without using any global data allotment GMG001! Just make sure to disable data when you are connected to a WiFi network. See this link http://vz.to/1uQilxH for instructions.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Traveling internationally, I have a global data plan but was under the impression that if my hotel had WiFi I could use it without depleting my global data plan allowance of 100MB. However, when I started viewing some online videos, I  notice that my
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The best way to ensure that you use wifi and not cellular data is to TURN OFF the cellular data connection. Even better keep the phone in airplane mode for your entire international trip.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Traveling internationally, I have a global data plan but was under the impression that if my hotel had WiFi I could use it without depleting my global data plan allowance of 100MB. However, when I started viewing some online videos, I notice that my
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can certainly use WiFi outside the USA without using any global data allotment GMG001! Just make sure to disable data when you are connected to a WiFi network. See this link http://vz.to/1uQilxH for instructions.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes