Over usage with jetpack MiFi5510L
radar1234

I have had this jetpack device for about a year now. I used to have a 4g broadband device that plugged into the usb port which quit working so verizon recommended the jetpack. At the time my date plan was 5GB allowance. Before I got this device I never would exceed the 5GB . When I got the jetpack I went over  the 5GB right away. So I went up to the 10GB plan. With out doing anything differently than before why would my data usage go up just by changing to this new device. Since I changed to the 10 GB plan, I have gone over twice. I am the only user, I live by myself. I have read in many of the verizon forums that this overage problem is happening to more people than just myself. Anyone out there have any answers to what might be going on.

Rodney Schmidt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Over usage with jetpack MiFi5510L
rmatteson

Sounds like your computer is downloading (or uploading) something in the background that you may not be aware of. Software updates take quite a bit.

0 Likes
TechQueen3

I'm having the same issues, and have been for a few months now.  I went into a Verizon store the other day, and the rep advised me to turn off my MiFi for a few days, and use my phone as a Hot Spot, which I am doing.  He also advised to change the password in case someone has hacked into it.  I am trying to remember how to change the password.  Do you know how?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unexpcted data usage isn't fun, TechQueen3. Let's get to the bottom of it. What make and model MIFI do you have? What devices connect to that MIFI? How has usage been since using your phone as a hotspot?
LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mousemargo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see I am not the only one experiencing this ISSUE. I had the 5GB plan and started hitting 6 & 7 GBs so I contacted customer service. A competitor was going to give me a better rate. Verizon service said I could get 6GB and 2 Free GB's  (8GB) monthly for a year at $60 but overage would now be $15 instead of $10 if I go over 8. I watch very closely. data usage was flying on.  There were no updates going on on my computer. Called them 2 more times. They claim it is not possible to increase data usage on their end. I still do not believe that. Something is making the usage run up. New plan was to be backdated to avoid overage. Nothing changed on jetpack to show 8Gs. Called 2 more times and was told not to worry. I had 8GBs but would only see it as the 6GB plan cause of the bonus offer. I watched right up to my billing date and made sure I got out at 7.2 but as I signed out a notify said it was 8.02 -- tell me how that was possible. i only sent an email and got out. I don't stream or spend time on the internet but data usage piles on. Then what was to be $60 turns out to be $198. They claim I used 8GB overage in just 9 days. And what was to be backdated to avoid overage never happened by error of the person on their end but they will not correct my bill and when I asked to talk with supervisor - too busy. Told them to call back and never did.  I need to get to someone higher on the totem pole. How do I get there? Did you get any satisfaction?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mousemargo, I truly want to help turn this around. I have sent you a Direct Message so that we may work together. Please respond via that message.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mousemargo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is this where I am supposed to respond? I don't see anything from you other than this.

0 Likes
mousemargo
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem. You will want to log into your community account and look for the message in your inbox.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mousemargo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still don't see any direct messages from Loren with regard to the billing issue I am having.

0 Likes